I Forge Iron

Listen to the Curmedgeons and be patient...

Worshipdrummer

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time"...but on forums, it's a never ending job.  Thanks to Glenn and the mods for keeping IFI a clean forum.

1 minute ago, rthibeau said:

I can't spell it, but how do I get to be one of them curmungie things??

Practice by looking in the mirror and...wrinkling up your nose and forehead, gritting your teeth and growling loudly.

5 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

I've got cousins in Cedarville, Son in law in Westfork; Brother in law in Siloam Springs---where did you say you were at????

Near Jasper.  Our organization, BOA, Blacksmith Organization of Arkansas has meetings a few times a year over at Siloam Springs, Gentry and Springdale.

1 hour ago, rthibeau said:

I can't spell it, but how do I get to be one of them curmungie things??

Sure, no problem. Just enclose a check for $29.97 + Siks dollers shipping and Spelling with a postage paid, self addressed envelope "in another envelope of course" and rush it to Frosty's Certificate Forging Services. Please allow from 61-113 weeks for consternation, processing and disposal. Loss assurance insurance only $2.03.

Eye and my staff are eagerly waiting to service you.

Frosty The Lucky.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:11 PM, Frosty said:

Sure, no problem. Just enclose a check for $29.97 + Siks dollers shipping and Spelling with a postage paid, self addressed envelope "in another envelope of course" and rush it to Frosty's Certificate Forging Services. Please allow from 61-113 weeks for consternation, processing and disposal. Loss assurance insurance only $2.03.

Eye and my staff are eagerly waiting to service you.

Frosty The Lucky.

OK, now that is funny.

On 5/6/2016 at 9:19 AM, Charles R. Stevens said:

That's why we keep Jerry around, lol. 

So witch one of you retrobates is willing to sponsor my application to the "guild of curmudgeons"?

ok I will

On 5/4/2016 at 7:59 PM, arkie said:

Practice by looking in the mirror and...wrinkling up your nose and forehead, gritting your teeth and growling loudly.

and for the record I do not grit my teeth, Go read a pinned post or something :)

On 4/30/2016 at 7:11 PM, Soupyjones said:

I must agree with this. It is awfully intimidating trying to decide if your question is worth typing in. I do not see the value in running someone into the ground for not knowing better than to ask for help.

If you took some time to read you would understand.

it's the blight of this site. same ones always. ignore is your friend and i use it for all the self proclaimed 'curmudgeons' no matter their expertise. I'll figure out stuff on my own before i put up with that.

and then you complain when people wont answer your questions, when in fact they did, you  are just rude and ignore them. Not to mention you do not seem to help anyone yourself,  So be it.

For the final test to be a Master Curmudgeon you have to totally crush the hopes and dreams of a budding smith who only wants you to tell them where to get their material, build them a forge, tell them how to forge that material into a +12 Elvin long sword and how to do it in less than an hour because that is how long the Forged In Fire show is.

Now for a more serious response

This site needs a serious cleaning up before you can really get frustrated with new folks.  The Knife Making 101 thread is a perfect example: FInd the pics, redo the pics or redo the thread so it does not rely so heavily on the missing images and get rid of the dead links. If you want this place to be used like a library then make the information accessible.  

Right now it is a lot like my desk.  The information is there somewhere but the chaos drives some people nuts.

If I had a lot more experience I would happily volunteer to help organize and clean up.  If there is something I can do to help (realizing I have very very little experience) just say so.

This place has been very helpful to me but chaos does not drive me nuts.

Blocking some of the ones that have already posted the answers, then asking for the information that you have blocked/ignored is rude to be intentionally expecting others to serve you, rather than try to help yourself.

That is even worse than the lazy people not looking.  A few years ago we have a  member throw a tantrum in the forum because no one answered his question he posted, when in fact 3 people had already given complete answers and links, but he had blocked them for upsetting him in the past and didnt see it . He gained no sympathy, do as you will.