I Forge Iron

Made me a minion

I saw a photo on here of a minion that someone else had made and I thought I would give it a go as I have had a hankering for a shed minion for a while.  Now all I need is some heatproof purple paint and he's all finished.  He's meant to be one of the feral minions from Despicable Me 2 and technically he shouldn't have a fart gun but I needed to make the chimney out of something so he got one. His tongue also doubles as a bit of a sausage holder/cooker and you can just balance a pan on his hair (need to give him a haircut with the anglegrinder and flatten it out a bit).  Unfortunately it will be another two or three months before fire ban season finishes and I can fire him up and see how he burns

IMG_20151229_180846.jpg

IMG_20151229_180912.jpg

Nice minion. Who says a feral minion can't have a xxxx gun and why would s/he care what anybody said?

I'd be tempted to build one REALLY hot fire in it, well away from anybody and burn the galvy off before painting. Well, try burning it off.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, eric sprado said:

Uhhhhh-What is your definition of a minion?  I thought there was an important religious context for the word?

Someone who is not powerful or important and who obeys the orders of a powerful leader or boss. Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary. Examples: ...

These particular minions were inspired by the animated movie, "Despicable Me".

Frosty The Lucky.

FSLAG looked up minion in the dictionary to refresh his brain.

A minion is defined as a person who is willing to do what ever same is ordered to do. .Especially a servile or obsequious follower. A darling or favorite. e.g. "The King's minion".

It also describes a size of seven point type, for printers.

A minion is also a Hebrew or Yiddish word for a group of at least ten adult Jewish males which is the minimum number required for a formal Jewish religious service. (this requirement is akin to the Christian requirement for, "wherever two or more are gathered together" for a Christian service.. A variant spelling is minian.

Just a little definition and theological tidbit for our I. f. I. community.

SLAG.

Just to confirm my minion is from the kids film's not from some religion. (I believe we are not allowed to post religious propaganda on this site)

I have no interest in religion of any form. As a atheist I believe in facts not fiction.

Sorry if this offends anyone.

Can we please get back to talking about more important things like blacksmithing.:D

Jon Stewart on the Daily Show interviewed one of the guys behind the Minion's movie and as both men are Jewish they were cracking jokes about a  Minyans movie would not be as funny as 3 Jewish men drive around looking for 7 others to make a quorum of ten men (or in some synagogues, men and women) over the age of 13 required for traditional Jewish public worship.   

Guys these are GREAT!!! I thought it was neat when a a place in Huntsville painted the tires used for access control like Minions but these are works of art. GWIOW, you almost need to make a speech bubble next to yours, that is all kinds of neat!

I like the idea how about, Do you have acid reflux? that's a spicy meatball? Or this will hurt in the morning. 

I'll post some photos when it's all painted but it's hard to get all the colours in hi temp' paint.

I didn't make this one, but my youngest got it for me for Christmas a few years ago. about 4 inches high, looks like it was tig welded from scrap, Dressed as the Norse god Thor. I think its hilarious, Put a rare earth magnet on the bottom and it stays out at the forge, watching over my stuff when I'm not working.

ThorMinion.jpg