I Forge Iron

My youngest knothead

Charles R. Stevens

need a bit of support and prayers for my youngest Alex, (stepdaughter but my heart does not know the difference) she spent 15-17 in St. Athonie's hospital's juvenile psychiatric unit, for among other things drugs, huffing and teenitis on steroids. 

Apparently she backslid, don't exactly know how or when yet but the result is that she vandalized a car, and wile under the influence, struck a DO wile being restrained. She is out on bail as of yesterday. And of corse no one tells dad till today. i have had a long conversation with her, and it seems she is ready to admit she needs help with not only drugs, booze and anger but general mental health. I pray she gets a fair shake with the legal system, gets what she deserves, but also the help she needs. I hope she gets a chance to learn from this and move on. If not only for her sake but my grand daughter Ava's as well.  

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My niece went through the hard drug mill. I am very happy to say that she has now come to an equilibrium. She has moved back to the next door village, is working hard, and has brought up three kids pretty much single handed...they are good kids. But, the father of her firstborn (who was the problem source and introducer) has wrought the same magic on his own daughter now. So we are back to square one with my great niece, but at least this time we have the knowledge that there can be light at the end of the tunnel.

My thoughts are with you and yours.

Alan

We raised four sons and they all did stupid stuff - one had to do some jail time as a juvenile.  However, they all grew up to be solid men who now have families and good jobs.  About all you can do is be there for support - a person has to want to turn around.  Best wishes and prayers to you, Charles.

I'm praying hard on that one!  I would like to note that my stepdaughter  who I worried a lot about as she ran wild in her late teens/early 20's is now a supervisor in a 911 center and married to a cop...and has *twins*; bwahahahahahahahahahaha the parents curse ("May you have kids just like yourself!"), is *working*!

Edited by ThomasPowers

I appreciate that TP.  I honestly belive this will work out for the best, realy concerned as to how hard the state will come down on her. Prosecuters can be ruthless around election time. 

The right thing IMPO, is to give her a good "spanking" and get help as part of her probation. oklahoma has drug and mental health courts, and it costs the state half as much with half the recitisim rate, so I hope she qualifies

Charles, these are the kind of problems I would not wish on my greatest enemy, you have my empathy and sympathy(a feel good but not much real help). She on the other hand has you and your family(some tough love and real long term help)

Keep the faith my friend. 

I will take your prayes, sempathy and any other wellwishes you want to send this way. I would ship he to SA if I thought it would help, lol. 

She has talked to two of the local agensies that help the indegent mentaly ill. She has a dinner date to talk to the patriarc and matriarc of the Stevens clan. My parents

Wish her luck. I think I'm an only child because my mother ait my siblings...

Alex and the family are in my prayers Charles. This is a tough one, I lucked out and got tired of playing with my blood chemistry before I killed myself or sent myself to prison. My younger Sister had a rougher time but escaped the "life".

I hope she feels the bottom now and is ready to try playing it straight. I'll say a few special prayers what ever agency she gets picked up by knows their stuff AND is suited to her. Nobody has THE right treatment the best we can do is choose wisely and work hard.

Tell Alex we're pulling for her.

Frosty The Lucky.

There's always hope and there's no predicting. My younger sister was so strung out on meth she looked like walking death, looked and acted pretty hopeless. After more than 20 years she still won't admit she had a problem but she's cleaned up her act and is doing great. Won't have more than a beer or glass of wine.

The hotter the fire the stronger the mettle.

You take care too, it's hard on everybody we're with you.

Frosty The Lucky.

I couldn't be more proud. She has issues but works around them. I've lost too many old friends to meth and alcohol. Life is hard enough without stepping into one of the many traps along the way. Addiction is harder to kick than it looks from the outside. I fought tobacco seriously for more than 5 years and it took a kick to the head by a birch to finally end the desire.

Frosty The Lucky.  (Lucky for a lot of reasons)

Edited by Frosty

Had a budy of ours get in a ATC wreck (just rode over behind a tree to pee so he didnt put on his brain bucket) it was 11 months before rememberd he was a smoker ( his wife told him he wasnt when he asked after 5 months) was Deb as "helpful"?

Edited by Charles R. Stevens