I Forge Iron

My youngest knothead

Charles R. Stevens

Charles, good to see you still have your sense of humor.  Frosty is right about all the death and destruction caused by that stuff.  I worked in a family law court for a while and we had 40 cases on the calendar every morning.  It was a parade of drug addicts and alcoholics.  The destruction to the families was unbearable to watch day after day, kids born addicted and or with brain damage, etc.  I came to think of drug dealers as terrorists, their actions set off a web of destruction with no regard as to who gets impacted.  If you look at how many lives are destroyed it is worse than shooting up a theater.  On the positive side it sounds like she realizes she needs help.  People do recover.  Give her lots of love and support.  Talk honestly about the issues.  Encourage her to develop the spiritual side of life.  I will pray for anyone trying to escape the prison of drug abuse.  Each one that recovers makes the world a better place.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deb has some (now) amusing stories about me in the hospital. I never stopped trying to get home, they had to keep me tied to the bed. One is about the nurses asking her if she knew what I was doing. I was making motions regularly, "living?" my memories. Sometimes I was cooking, stirring, adding things, tasting, etc. sometimes driving but she couldn't tell what, I used to operate lots of different machinery. Well, they asked her about one behavior I only did if I thought nobody was watching and Deb recognized it immediately and asked me, "Jer are you smoking?"

I guess I went through quite the shuffle to hide the smoke, look around and acted like a little kid with his hand in the cookie jar.

Frosty The Lucky.

if the young people today who think drugs and alcohol aren't bad for you could spend one evening with my  wife at the long term care facility she works at.  they use to have the 85-100 yr old residents but today they have a  lot  of 50 yr olds with "fried brains" from drug and alcohol over use, no idea who they are, where they are and just brain damaged for the rest of their lives.  If they could see themselves now they might have made a better group of decisions back them. 

I for one am glad you found the important parts, and put them together

Some of the important parts are dulled but I seem to have a minimum operating list working. I still miss the losses except the nicotine addiction. There are upsides though, I have an unbeatable excuse for almost anything now.

Frosty The Lucky.

You are both in my thoughts. I hope everything works out for the best. I have strayed down a rough path many times and things always work out in the end. As long as she has good support and is willing to learn from mistakes, these things can only make you a better, stronger person in the long run. Best of luck to you both. 

Had the coin I'd ship her butt down to you!

Had you the coin, this would be the last place I'm sad to say, my wife and sons live in a place called La Lucia in Uhmlanga on the coast, beautiful and within 100 yards of the beach.

For youngsters its partytown but sadly one can just pick 'weed' in the bushes (of winch there are many) and lots of parents have problems with their kids as you don't even have to buy the stuff. It grows wild here on the highveld too but as its not so lush it is easier to see and eradicate. 

Edited by ianinsa