I Forge Iron

Show me your sales or demo booth

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My next (and last) show is coming up in a couple weeks, I'll try to snap some photos for this thread (I'll be - HOPEFULLY - in grad school this time next year, won't have time to pull together a show again for at least 2-3 years!).    I'm prepping a simple display rack idea I found online, definitely not MY idea, but it's working out nicely.  Took a two panel hinged louver door I got for $4 at the local Habitat Restore, knocked out a few of the louvers at intervals and put shelving board through them.  Simple, easily transportable.  

On 10/17/2015 at 2:49 AM, Frosty said:

Plunder and pillage must've been good judging by the smiles on your faces. Ah and those Scottish lasses. :)

Thanks Frosty, It was an amazing first time out. I'm the one wearing black.

• 6 months later...

Wish others would post here more, I'd love to see what people do. It's not fully blacksmithing but some forged stuff and scrap metal sculptures. Of course I planned it out last minute and it's my first display. Live and learn. I'm not too unhappy with it. There is a lot more I'd like to do. A friend gave me the keychain rack.

oh, and some pictures of Wagner the rabbit rusted up and oiled. Wish the pictures were a little better as well. It wasn't complete but almost.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Had lots of interest but only made table money back. Ended up selling a sculpture at work yesterday with no cost to display it. Go figure haha. office staff loves my work and insist I have some displayed in the office. :) 

Like most shows of products you may get sales a week. month or even a yr. later from people who saw something they liked, had to think about or didn't have the money to spend at that moment.(or spouse was or was not with them)  I went through this for 30 yrs. seldom happy after a show but kept doing them to keep name and products out there in view. 

I really had no idea what to expect. It was atleast something to get a feel for going somewhere and setting up. It was just a small 4 hour long craft show. But it did give me some ideas how to make the next one go easier and I got my name out a little bit. 

Steve, great setup. I'd love to see your selling table. 

Do you get any flack for not having a period style anvil? 

Its great you have a helper learning the craft. Big kudos. 

Also nice bellows. Is that a double or single? 

Id love to do a ren faire because no one at our local one does much of anything. ( least that I've seen since last time I was there 2 years ago.) I'll see this year. Is that where your at in this? 

Steve, great setup. I'd love to see your selling table. 

its a cage, easy to view but keeps little fingers attached to the little hands better that way.

Do you get any flack for not having a period style anvil? 

I am 6'2" and I make weapons, people dont abuse me in person :)

Its great you have a helper learning the craft. Big kudos. 

My son Sean,  he is 20 now

Also nice bellows. Is that a double or single? 

4 x 7 ft leather and double.

Id love to do a ren faire because no one at our local one does much of anything. ( least that I've seen since last time I was there 2 years ago.) I'll see this year. Is that where your at in this? 

Yes

On 5/11/2016 at 8:55 AM, PVF Al said:

10'x15' Everything,walls ,floor, lights, product, display stands, plus cart, suitcases, whatever, fits in back of pickup with camper shell. 

Hello there, fellow Alabamian! That's a beautiful setup!

• 2 weeks later...

a couple of me at our local night market. What an empty set up. Of course 4 months later my table was 3 times as full but it being Christmas time i was 3 times as busy and did'nt get a chance to take any pics. i tried to use unique things for my sign holders.  p.s. that's not Dave Grohl behind my table, it just my buddy Andrew ;).

IMG_0809.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0810.JPG

IMG_0811.JPG

IMG_0812.JPG

IMG_0813.JPG

IMG_0814.JPG

IMG_0816.JPG