I Forge Iron

Christmas Wish List

So its that time of year, Christmas is fast approaching. If you could pick any smithing related item, sky is the limit, present to get from Santa what would it be?

I'm also trying to give my wife ideas. What would you suggest to your significant other or family as some reasonably priced gift ideas for the new? or verteran smith?

perfect world?  a real shop, with well insulated walls and roof so no noise escapes from inside (sufficient ventilation a must as well) and plenty of work space :)

somebody (or several people) really loves me?  chili habanero twin burner forge and a big enough propane tank to feed it without freezing

realistic? right now id go for a nice set of big sharp files =/ (I just got a leather apron for my birthday :D)

Greetings all,

I have been very fortunate in my life and have much more than my share of cool tools and equipment..  If I had 1 wish it would be the continuation of all to pass on and educate our future smiths.  We have a very sharing and tight group more than most realize .  Super folks all.. May it go on forever..

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

This Christmas I'd like a concrete floor for my new dedicated 100 % Blacksmith shop being built this week. I found money for the building lacking $$ for a floor at this Joyous time of year. I'll worry about insulation next year, please Santa a Floor, might need a few more pair of reindeer to haul it, you can even bring it a few days late!

While we are wishing for shops:

A wealthy donor to sponsor the rebuilding of the historic 1830 smithy at one of the museums that I am working with. We plan to have a covered viewing area so school kids can see demos from the gallery.

Better yet, getting some space set aside in the upcoming school expansion where we could teach blacksmithing/ornamental iron classes within the college welding program.

And yeah, a real shop of my own would be nice.

There is really so much I could ask for - top of the list is currently a plasma cutter. 

But if I coud really have absolutely ANYTHING then I'd ask for 60 years worth of experience and skill to get crammed into my brain. 

Then at last my skill imagination would not be limited by my skills. - The shop and tools will get there eventually. 

Andy

Hi Folks!

My no1 was to find some place where I can share my thoughts, joys and problems about forging and stuff. Now I've found IFI, so I don't feel so lonely anymore being the only glowing-iron-maniac around.

Although a real anvil would be nice, too...