I Forge Iron

Christmas Wish List

• 5 years later...
On 11/30/2013 at 5:10 PM, Elemental Metal Creations said:

4 walls and a roof so I can make it into a shop, heck I would be happy just to have a roof!

Tarp walls and a tarp roof, Creek Ditch Forge has had 8-1/2" of rain in three weeks, and I have not had to shovel any mud. Hope springs eternal. May your rust be light, and your Smithies warm!

Robert Taylor

A good idea and I actually have the walls built and sitting in the garage. The shop is small enough(10x21') that putting up one of the walls(each is a 10' wall panel) affects the airflow enough I'm not comfortable running the forge. I would probably build temporary half walls for the 10x10' half that doesn't have the forge if it wasn't storing several 4' long, 3' diameter, white oak logs(seasoned on the tree, mostly just keeping them up off the ground and out of most of the rain). I tried canvas walls there and putting it up and down to move around those logs was enough of a pain.

I really do appreciate the suggestion Glenn and I think I might finish the foundations for some of the walls this weekend instead of forging some more gifts so that when the time comes I don't have to worry about the weight I will be hanging off those walls in the form of tool and stock racks and can put that up from the get go.