I Forge Iron

Blacksmith tattoos

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blkbear, I hope the tattooist doesn't rune the job and your stuck with a scar for life.

I like to get a tatt but I just can't think of a design I'd be happy with for the rest of my born days. They don't scrub off too easy I hear.

Blkbear, I hope the tattooist doesn't rune the job and your stuck with a scar for life.

And it's Strine for the win!! (Gotta love a pun)

I think most of us probably have a blacksmith's branding. Unlike a frat brand, however, the blacksmith's brand has no set design or size, and it could be anywhere, though it's most likely to be on the forearms and/or hands.

look up a tattoo site called strikethebox.com It is a site for firefighter tattoos. Mine is on there in the "skull" section. It is a skull wearing a fire helmet in the middle of a red malteese cross. The cross has flames around it. It will be towrds the end of the selections as you scroll thru them. I am from Montgomery alabama. There are many different tattoos on there and it may give you some ideas.

look up a tattoo site called strikethebox.com It is a site for firefighter tattoos. Mine is on there in the "skull" section. It is a skull wearing a fire helmet in the middle of a red malteese cross. The cross has flames around it. It will be towrds the end of the selections as you scroll thru them. I am from Montgomery alabama. There are many different tattoos on there and it may give you some ideas.

Nice Tat. I hope I'm looking at your's and you're Gary from Montgomery. If not, there're a lot of excellent tats. Give me more specific directions and I'll take a look. I've already worked myself through most of about 8 catagories, I'd like to know I'm looking at yours.

Thanks for doing the job you do. Not everybody has it in them to run towards trouble and fix it.

Frosty

• 1 year later...
I've had this recurring thought about Wile-E-Coyote standing at an ACME anvil, forge welding a length of chain, sparks flying, and an almost finished trebuchet in the background.

I am so there for Wile-E! Please post a picture if you get it done.

Ted:D

the only problem would be a lot of dark shading with a huge anvil but let me tell you where i live there is no one with any sort of the tattoo and my next will resemble something of the sort i really like this now
were getting into a topic i really enjoy post pics please i need to see the finished work

I have a few tats myself but that was before I got married. My wife said no to more tats
and I said If I want to get a tattoo then I'll darn well will ....think about it. But anyway, mcraigl, not sure what your real name is , under the anvil you could put "Forging our lives together." might work.

• 4 months later...

i have been thinking of getting an anvil and hammer on my shoulder. then my uncle brought up the branding iron idea. i think it would fit with the trade. a branding iron with an anvil and hammer. you could make it yourself and have someone stamp it on you. a big one would really hurt so it would have to be smaller. just an idea

i was thinking of getting one as well(even though im broke!! lol) i would have an anvil on my back with a cross peen hammer sitting over it hammer face on the anvil to see its contours with some lines of text (not sure what), plus if i had loads of cash i would tat weapons all over my person, what would depend on where, like a sword at the side and daggers on the inside of the forearm :) all in black ink

great tattoo ideas! i love tattoos and think if your going to have them you may as well go for it is some style - sam your idea is insane i LOVE it! i think we should have a whip round to fund that if your too broke... also valentins picture is amazing - i love it - i got a fair few tattos and not sure if i should have many more but now you got me thinking! i think we need a blacksmith related tattoo gallery section....