I Forge Iron

Blacksmith tattoos

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh... Something I've been thinking about too. I've been thinking more of a shoulder/arm thing though. I never wear shorts so nobody'd ever see it on my thigh. Also, it might be a marriage ending event for me. The wife is VERY anti-tattoo. I've been thinking an anvil with a crosspein and a pair of tongs crossed over it. I'd been trying to think of a single word to put below it. Maybe a very short phrase of just one or two words would work also.

Well, he is wanting the motto that was started by them. We use that, but I guess it could be misguiding. A matter of opinion, I feel. I see it more as paying homage to the people who created the phrase, what was it, 500 years ago or so. Plus, it would make a really cool tattoo, but if someone personally feels it is misleading then I think they should go with their gut.

How about a hammer, anvil, tongs motif with the caption "Got Fire?"

Or maybe a Joe Cool Snoopy, wearing old-school safety goggles and leather apron, standing behind the anvil with hammer in hand, sparks flying in the middle of a forge weld?

For the ladies, an outline of an anvil, filled in with scroll work style filligree.

Just some ideas.

Opinion-Hanging a framed print of the WCB Arms on the wall of your living room is one thing, hanging one over your shop, or on your arm is quite another.

Use the motto and design your own tattoo. Honor the past without trampling on our shared heritage.

That's still an opinion. What's the difference between putting it on you wall or in your smithy (or on your arm for that matter). No sure how it's trampling on anyones heritage either, unless you consider using their motto trampling on their heritage also. I think that not wanting to use it as a tattoo is a valid point of view, but saying that it is okay to get a tattoo of their motto but not their arms is just hypocritical. Either way you are using somthing created by WCB. Doen't matter if it is an image or phrase.

Also, I agree that one should be part of the WCB before getting a tattoo like that (that makes since to me), but also to use their motto.

I DON'T know about you guys, but I personally would get a big Hephaestos, in his forge, with his four(?) BEAUTIFUL golden assistants. With like a river of molten iron, coming down from a mountain with hardwood forests all over it(except by the river of molten iron), covering my entire back.

Blacksmith Tattoos! Hum, let me look and see. Yup, I am a blacksmith with Tattoos.
But not blacksmith tattoos, unless you count a few burn scars I have collected over the years. Their message means "oooops, don't pick that up ya dummy, its still hot!
It's all in fun anyway!
I believe each individual person needs to define his/her self in the way they need to do it, as long as it does no harm to anyone else!
Be safe, don't pick up black hot steel like did at one time, it may wind up being a natural tattoo.
Old Rusty Ted