I Forge Iron

The Birth Of A Tool (Axe Making), Documentary movie

Wished to share with you a short documentary movie about our work.
To understand more our way of thinking/philosophy - there is a quote:

"It is a tragedy of the first magnitude that millions of people have ceased to use their hands as hands. Nature has bestowed upon us this great gift which is our hands. If the craze for machinery methods continues, it is highly likely that a time will come when we shall be so incapacitated and weak that we shall begin to curse ourselves for having forgotten the use of the living machines given to us by God."

Mahathma Ghandi

Thanks

http://vimeo.com/37360333

John,
I agree. I have been a public servant here for going on 33 years. It continues to amaze me that so many people are unwilling and unable to take care of themselves. That was a great video. Makes me want to get out there and fire up the forge. Thanks, Jerry

Thank you all for watching and enjoying our way of working. We are few men in the Northern Eurppe (Baltic states) with will to keep our traditions and crafts alive. We are making traditional woodworking tools based on our heritage of craftsmanship in many generations and focusing on handcraft in a hi-tech age. Our web site with more info about us and the tools we make will be ready in a month. So you are all welcome to visit us there.

All the best

John & The Crew