I Forge Iron

Sean Conner Passes

Glenn

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn: I'm not going to add condolences to the list the shock and pain are clear and there's enough. You know how I feel.

If I may I'd like to suggest a good raucus wake to celebrate Sean. Music, song, dance, drink and a properly cheerful send off for a beloved soul. I believe he'd prefer folk swapping happy memories, funny stories and tipping a toast or two to him.

See you on the far side Sean.

Jer

Glenn, I'm was really shocked to see his picture up on the forum, I grieve with you at the loss and pray that you loose you pain in God's arms. It will be a long struggle and the pain and loss will never entirely go away but will lessen. I hope and pray that all will find the strength to endure through it. I have put you all on the pray groups list at church. My wife and I will be thinking and praying for you and your family.
Peace be with you, Jerry and Eva Fowler

The loss seems too great to bear God sends us friends to comfort us To show that He deeply cares

When we lose someone we love

When there’s nobody else around When we feel the saddest and loneliest It’s there God’s love can be found

But in the dark hours of the night

To soothe our broken hearts The healing oil poured over us That flows into every part

It’s like a soothing, healing balm

And know He’s by our side He holds us when we feel as though A part of us has died

We can rest secure in God’s love

peace be with you

As much as we have been on the phone over this past week, you already know my feelings. The pain of losing a child has to be the worst. I will keep this post short as I believe this will end up as a very long thread before its over. My love and prayers for you and Karen, and to the extended family that I have not talked with yet.

We presented 9 of the projects Sean made into Blueprints on the IForgeIron Tuesday Night Live Blueprints tonight. These blueprints were made when Sean was 9 and 10 years old. I have posted them and the links at the beginning of this thread.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers,

This evening, Sean was picked up from funeral home after being cremated.
Sean has now completed his journey through life and is back home with his family.
We must now wait for the urn to arrive, place him in the urn, and say one final good-by to our son..

To all of those that posted, called, emailed, sent letters, and etc, they were appreciated.
To all of those that took time to think of us in their own private way, it was also appreciated.

From our family to all those that have made a difference in Sean's life, THANK YOU.
For all of those that have let Sean make a difference in your lives, THANK YOU.

Glenn, I was talking to an old friend of mine today and it has been seven years since his youngest son passed away. I asked how long before it quit hurting so bad, he said it was about five years before he could not stop breaking down and crying in business meetings, dinner, church, driving the car, just anywhere. Five years is a long time. I asked if he had any advice for you and he said yes he did, pray every day, hold your wife a lot cause she is hurting, love your other family members deeper than before and then pray some more. It gets tougher everyday till it's not one day and for him that was about five years. It sure looks like I better get a folded towel for my knees because I'm going to be praying for you and your family for a long time. I hope this crew here is up to praying for a long time. It takes a long time to reforge a broken heart, if that is even possible.

God of mercy and grace, draw us close to you and heal our hearts. Bless us and fill us with your peace. In your Son's Holy name, Amen

Glen,
I read Sean's demo for a colonial pipe lighter back when he made it in 2001. My son was only 3 back then, but I brought him into the shop and started showing him things to do because of that demo. My kids now have their own anvil and a dishing stump and help out in the shop to earn their spending money. My daughter got her own hammers 3 years ago. I don't think they would have started out in the shop until they were much older if I hadn't watched that Demo on Anvilfire. I never met Sean, but I think of him every time my kids swing a hammer at their anvil. He will not be forgotten. Danr