I Forge Iron

Frosty back to the Hospital 6-9-10

Glenn

I just spoke with Frosty . The Dr.s thing the attack may have been triggered by a slight infection they found. Pills to treat the infection and seizure meds and he is at home and is doing well.

He says thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Hey Gang:

I'm home again and I managed to escape with only one hospital meal under my belt. Deb and I were in the midst of having Libby, our Great Pyreneese Mountain dog down yesterday afternoon. Libby was the dog who got Deb's attention in the house when I got felled by the tree. Not long afterwards we had to take her into the vet because she was limping, only to discover she had bone cancer. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do for a giant breed dog with bone cancer but try keeping the pain under control.:(

Deb and I'd decided this wednesday was time to let her go, cross the bridge in other words. We Had doctor Beck our vet out to take care of Libby. We loaded her into the back of the Saturn SUV and I was sitting with her. I got to thank her for my life again, told her she was a good dog and that I loved her while the sleepy shot took effect. I remember the Vet starting the fatal injection but that's all. My next conscious thought was waking up in the hospital.:o

As it turns out TBI survivors can have seizures if they come down with a systemic infection as opposed to a red swollen cut. It turns out I'm fighting a urinary tract infection and the docs think that's what caused the seizure.

I'm home and doing okay. I'm tired and sore, seems I'm a fighter and once again it took three fire fighters to get me strapped to a gurney and loaded in the ambulance. Part of the tired is probably the anti-seizure meds I'm taking now. Just what I need another perscription!

I'm sorry if I worried any of you, I PROMISE to do my best NOT to worry you anymore! Okay?

Frosty the Lucky

C'mon Frosty! It's not nice to read Glenn's posts that you have been taken into the hospital. Seriously though, I'm extremely glad that you are back home and with us online again. Please take care of yourself and Deb (and vice versa).

P.S. My condolences for losing Libby.

Hey Gang:

I'm home again and I managed to escape with only one hospital meal under my belt. Deb and I were in the midst of having Libby, our Great Pyreneese Mountain dog down yesterday afternoon. Libby was the dog who got Deb's attention in the house when I got felled by the tree. Not long afterwards we had to take her into the vet because she was limping, only to discover she had bone cancer. Unfortunately there isn't much you can do for a giant breed dog with bone cancer but try keeping the pain under control.:(

Deb and I'd decided this wednesday was time to let her go, cross the bridge in other words. We Had doctor Beck our vet out to take care of Libby. We loaded her into the back of the Saturn SUV and I was sitting with her. I got to thank her for my life again, told her she was a good dog and that I loved her while the sleepy shot took effect. I remember the Vet starting the fatal injection but that's all. My next conscious thought was waking up in the hospital.:o

As it turns out TBI survivors can have seizures if they come down with a systemic infection as opposed to a red swollen cut. It turns out I'm fighting a urinary tract infection and the docs think that's what caused the seizure.

I'm home and doing okay. I'm tired and sore, seems I'm a fighter and once again it took three fire fighters to get me strapped to a gurney and loaded in the ambulance. Part of the tired is probably the anti-seizure meds I'm taking now. Just what I need another perscription!

I'm sorry if I worried any of you, I PROMISE to do my best NOT to worry you anymore! Okay?

Frosty the Lucky

Frosty,

It is good to hear that you are out and about. Glad that you are doing better and here is to a speedy recovery and meds adjustment. My condolences on your loss. She was a special dog.

UTI---did they check you for diabetes? Or is this just a leftover from your birching?

I figure you will continue to worry us one way or another whether it's yo-yo hospitalling or "Hey y'all hold my beer and watch *THIS*" sort of thing.

Now get of the net and go be nice to your wife! (or I'll never catch up with your post count...)

Frosty and Deb, God is Good and God is Great, I'm glad you're back home and resting. I have been on two seizure medications for a number of years, not for seizures but for nonstop trauma induced migraines and nerve pain from my auto accident that racked up my back. They ain't too bad except for, well let me give you a little advice about the medication, take a whole bunch of stools softeners and have a high fiber diet, OK, otherwise you will think you got concrete in your guts and then you will have some stress somewhere else in your body you don't want. Oh, the pain! :blink:

I'm real sorry about your dog, that ain't no fun, the worst part of having dogs is they don't live long enough. Worse than having children, at least with a child there is a chance they will out live you, not so with a dog. The good thing about a dog though is our good and gracious God has made a lot them and unfortunately a lot of them are homeless, I know, I have lots of them, so when you're feeling better go to the pound and rescue the perishing like God rescued you from the pit of doom. So many are doomed each year so go save one and love it. :D
Enough of my blathering rest in the peace that comes from God and come back and chat with us. I'll put you back on the prayer list, OK, Jerry :P

Frosty,if you don`t start behaving there`s gonna be at least 100 of us camped in your shop,walkin` "bearfoot" in your yard and peeing on your birches till you line out and get with the program!
Stop scarin` us will ya and more importantly stop scarin` Deb.

Your pal,
Bobby

UTI---did they check you for diabetes? Or is this just a leftover from your birching?

I figure you will continue to worry us one way or another whether it's yo-yo hospitalling or "Hey y'all hold my beer and watch *THIS*" sort of thing.

Now get of the net and go be nice to your wife! (or I'll never catch up with your post count...)

I was diagnosed type II diabetic in 2,000 and have kept it under darned good control, my last A1c was 6.3

The TBI was the probable main cause with the systemic infection being the trigger. At least that's the doc's best guess for now.

Thanks guys.

Frosty the Lucky