I Forge Iron

Finnr's Mom

Finnr

Monday my Mom took a nasty fall while going out to pick up her mail. Spent most of Monday at ER with her. Lots of X rays and CAT scan. No broken bones but she may need surgery on her Left hand . She skinned it badly on the back and it's pretty close to the tendons. I'm sure that she would appreciate your prayers.

Thanks
Finnr

• 3 weeks later...

Update on Mom. I am home for a couple days while a cousin stays with Mom. She is healing fast and nearly has the use of the hand she skinned up back. A bit more PT and healing and she will be up and running well. I will be going back Saturday morning to stay a while longer while she finishes healing up. Thanks to all who have been keeping her in their prayers!
Finnr / Art

It's good to hear that she is doing better. Take care of yourself too. After a couple of falls from my mother I got her into assisted living and it sure took a burden off of me from worrying about another fall and maybe a broken hip or something worse. She was in assisted living for five years before she died and we never regretted it and she was happier there feeling safe too just in case she did have a medical emergency. It's something you may want to think about.

After a day and a half of R&R I'm headed back down to mom's place. Shouldn't be too long until she is up and running and I can stay home. Thanks to all who have expressed good wishes!
Finnr

Take care of MOM, one must enjoy parents while one can, prayer list updated, good boy, wonderful MOTHERS DAY GIFT by the way. I'm sure she appreciates your giving your time as she sure gave a lot of her time for you when you was a youngen.