I Forge Iron

layed off by e-mail

divermike

Folks,
I recieved an e-mail monday that the school I have been managing has been axed, along with 24 other schools across the nation, not the way I would have let somebody know their services are no longer required, especially before Christmas. In any event, along with all of the other prayers needed here on this site, would you include me and my family? I know when God shuts one door, it almost always means he is opening the new door for you. I just was rocked by this, and want some additional coverage. May you all be blessed with good health and a happy and warm Christmas.

You have my prayers for you and your family. I know just what you are going through. I worked at a plant that shut down out of the blue.Finished my shift on Friday and Saturday morning there was a notice in my mailbox that the plant was closed as of that day! This was on the 15th of Dec. Not a good way to be going into the holidays but things did work out all right for us as I am sure they will for you.

Folks,
I can not thank you enough for your prayers, I thought I would get through the holidays and start lookin, but since you all responded, I have had 3 great offers for what I like to do. Now I have an embarrassment of riches, never doubt your prayers are heard, God bless you all, and remember
"Jesus is the reason for the season"
May your time with your loved ones be blessed.

Divermike, I certainly covet the prayers of friends when trouble is a knockin' at my door. However, I am beginning to think our own prayers are God's way of getting us to see if our desires are consistent with His will. When they are, the prayers are answered. Obviously, yours were. Best of luck and have a great Christmas!

Mike,
I am a 54 year young carpenter in Vermont. I have ben through many layoffs in the industry and as many slowdowns due to seasonal work. I remember crying my heart out after being laid off because of a work slowdown after my son was born. I cried till I started laughing. I remember an old self employed carpenter telling me " don't complain, they just set you free". My Dad used to say that humor was our last weapon against despair.
This may sound hard to do, but try this. Call everyone you know and tell them you lost your job and you need work. I did this after the great cry and laugh episode 24 years ago. The next day my phone rang. A friend told a friend, told a friend....
And back to work I went.
I have always said that what keeps me employed is that I never give up and I will work harder than the next guy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
How about the Rochester City School District or Gates Chili?
I'm with you

• 9 months later...

well it's been almost 10 months, but your prayers were fully heard, I was contacted by a local village and asked to come aboard as their chief building officer, took a lot more time than I expected, and it was getting a bit rocky, but God is good, and it is all done in his time, keep praying for Frosty and his family, when one of us is hurt, we all are...

I am home and came by your house this past week, But it was late and didn't think I would bother you that late. Man I sure hate to hear about the email you got. Thats Bad, I'm fixen to head out to my little shop and while I'm out there I'll send a few words to the Man above for you. . Tom

• 2 weeks later...