I Forge Iron

OZ roll call

Dale Russell

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks bloke's .
Was a pretty good day too , found a new cutter who's workin' ta " try " fix the " damage " the old cutter did ( over ground the shoulder socket so now the ball slips back & forward which is the cause of the pain i've been havin' )

Sip's & nibble's at Jack Smith / Andy's in the arvo , then my young bloke took me ta the pub , gonna ave ta wait till he get's home ta find out ow much fun i's had , but by the way my head feels this morin' it musta been a " good time " :)

Dale Russell

P.S . . Mike , doubt i'll make it for the 18 th , but thanks for the invite bloke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well ok hello all
ive been smithing for almost 15 years now (no fire for the past 3)
did my time under Lindsey cole at ultimo tafe and yes i got my bit of paper to say im a blacksmith
i live on my ironstone mountain nsw and up untill 3 years ago was a regular at the lithgow iron fest im sure there are sum here that may know me or at least i know you

well ok hello all
ive been smithing for almost 15 years now (no fire for the past 3)
did my time under Lindsey cole at ultimo tafe and yes i got my bit of paper to say im a blacksmith
i live on my ironstone mountain nsw and up untill 3 years ago was a regular at the lithgow iron fest im sure there are sum here that may know me or at least i know you

You've got me ironstone, where is "ironstone mountain" please? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have been knifemaking for about 10 years, working in the gas industry, and fixing, sizing and selling forge burner for blackmiths, farriers and the like, I had plenty of people pushing me to get started with forging. A few Tafe courses (Richmond) later, and I have re-jigged my workshop to incorporate forging my own blades.

Here are some pictures of my knives here My link

If anyone needs help with gas forges, or other gas related questions, I may be able to assist, feel free to ask here

My link

or PM me.

I live in Picton NSW

• 4 weeks later...

hi all my name is andrew from Urana (100km West of Wagga Wagga NSW). i do metal sculpting with scrap meatal. this involves a small amount of heat work but as i learn im hoping to incorporate more in my art.

G'day Andrew and Welcome to the site, I saw your work you posted great stuff, cheers John.

• 3 weeks later...

G'Day ta all youse AUSSIE'S out there ( & youse know who youse are too ) :)

Seein' i's been with the site from almost 1 day & was the only AUSSIE for such a long time ( was the token AUSSIE for a LONG LONG TIME ) & in the last 12 - 18 months a HEAP of us ( AUSSIE'S ) ave joined the site twas thinkin' maybe we's should ave'a " Roll Call "

Tell us where youse is from , hobbist / full time ect

So come all you AUSSIE'S , add you name ta the list

Dale Russell

Wesburn

Victoria

Hello Dale, Finally figured out how to post an entry. I am not very good at computers but am much better at blacksmithing ! Here is my entry :

My name is Denise, trained in Hereford, UK, under Paul Allen with The 'Countryside Agency'in pure forgework. Moved to Australia 3 yrs. ago, worked with 'Antonio Battisstessa Studios' along with Antonio, Adam and Simon - the best guys in the world, I miss them all madly.

Husbands job has moved me to nr. Canberra and now I am 'all alone' with the very basics of equipment, miss my power hammers,tools and company, so if anyone has room for me in their workshop, let me know !

Am also a member of the 'British Artist Blacksmith Association,' they have a fantastic magazine, comes out 4 times a yr. well worth looking at their website baba.org.uk

I love my blacksmithing and welcome any contact, Happy Hammering everybody !

G'Day Denise , welcome to the site .

I had the pleasure of meeting Denise at the " other " event held at Glenn Moon's place in Feb this yr , lovely lady , fantastic smith , even thou she said she was a little rusty . :)

Looking forward to seein' her again at this yrs Get HAMMERED too

Dale Russell