I Forge Iron

OZ roll call

Dale Russell

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any of you guys want to call by and have a squizz or I can answer any questions etc feel free to contact me, via IFI or via telephone, look in Newcastle yellow pages for forging,or blacksmiths.  I wont put my phone No on here, had one or 2 PITA callers that got my No. from here.  If I dont answer the phone on your 1st attempt leave a message as we are probably working a job under the hammer, and I ain't going to stop in the middle of a forging to answer a phone.

Phil

Ever tried talking on the phone while using a 5 cwt Woody, all you get is "what" I can't hear you", "it must be real noisy there", then there is the problem of hearing protection, and yes it does interfere with the forging fez.

Ever tried talking on the phone while using a 5 cwt Woody, all you get is "what" I can't hear you", "it must be real noisy there", then there is the problem of hearing protection, and yes it does interfere with the forging fez.

;)

most of my phone calls sound like that anyway....

i used to call my mate, while i was forging, wait till he answered, and then WHAM! and hang up. :)

i may have done the same to HJP.

If any of you guys want to call by and have a squizz or I can answer any questions etc feel free to contact me, via IFI or via telephone, look in Newcastle yellow pages for forging,or blacksmiths.  I wont put my phone No on here, had one or 2 PITA callers that got my No. from here.  If I dont answer the phone on your 1st attempt leave a message as we are probably working a job under the hammer, and I ain't going to stop in the middle of a forging to answer a phone.

Phil

Is that you at the old Richmond Main pit mate?

Phil

That sounds like a great offer to me, I am surprisingly close for once (Less then an hour drive) and your near a coke supplier, what more could you want ;-)

From the looks of your work there is not much you have not tackled and worked out, you seem to do the larger jobs and the smaller work as well.

Are you more of a monday to friday forging person, or just when ever the work is on?

If you would like some random company at your shop for a day, i'd love to be that random company :D

Richmond Main, it is true, we are forging almost every day, (the furnace gets lit every day anyway) as I said if you want to drop in feel free, though depending on what we are doing I can't always spend time chatting, but I can always manage a 10 minute hello. Friday is normally a good day for visitors as I have 2 tradesman as well as myself on that day, so am able to talk more.  Our guys start work at 7.00am and i am normally here till at least 5.30pm.

G'day fellas, Ryan here from the Atherton Tablelands in far north QLD.

Been forging for about 4 years, mainly knife forging as I am also a bowhunter although I love the ornamental and tool making side of things as well. New to the forum side of smithing and keen to gain as much knowledge and inspiration as possible and see what others are getting up to.

Cheers and see you round :)

Welcome aboard Ryan, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in your header those of us on the other side of the planet won't have to keep pestering you about it.

Being new to the internet forum gathering of smiths is an adventure in several ways. First just reading the information available on this site is like a regular job. Pull up a comfy chair, bring lunch and something to drink, it's probably a weeks work skimming things here.

Then of course there're all the characters here. Most of us just love good questions or better yet problems. We love brainstormig our way through problems.

Oh and pictures, we LOVE pictures, projects, shops, tools, finds, finished work, local art You name it, we love pics of it. .  Oh yeah, dogs are always popular. Scenery and sunsets are always popular too.

Enjoy the ride brother, the more the merrier.

Frosty The Lucky.

Anyone of you guys in NSW near the blue Mountains?

JImmy who is a lurker lives in Penrith or there abouts, there is or was also a guy in Katoomba or Blackheath I think, if you seach back through "Hammered at moonies" post about 2 years back there was posts from him coming to Moonies but he had a car accident on way.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Aceman, Phil Sparks is located at the State Mine Museum in Lithgow. There is also Wyndham Parson in Springwood as well as the annual Ironfest in Lithgow held every April. The Artist Blacksmith of NSW is hosting a large scale blacksmithing weekend 6&7th July at the old Redfern rai workshops. Plenty of quality BS event in NSW throughout the year at least one a month.