I Forge Iron

It followed me home

They are Tearing an old building down on the other side of town. Giving away the coal in the bunker.  Lots of fines, but I'll sieve them out and use them to help with the fire.   Lots of scooping, but it's easier when it's free and for me!  Little bit stiff today, but thinking of the forging ahead with it, brings a smile to my face.  Oh, that's an 8x10 foot tarp for those wanting to know. 

IMG_4285.JPG

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lennox 14/18 tpi.  Worth the money!

I've heard the same from too many people.  Those are apparently regularly stocked at Lowes but can be had online as well.

Congrats on the new toy @JHCC.  It was meant to be after I showed off mine on Thursday!

Try to find the ones with the least miles on them as the failure mode for leaf springs is that due to fatigue and stress a number of micro cracks form and expand slowly until one propagates catastrophically.  The best ones tend to be nearly new where some is raising or lowering their car and so replace perfectly good springs with new ones...

Greetings JHCC,

As memory serves, That band saw takes a special blade .. Longer than the Milwaukee.. 

Forge on and make beautiful things 

Jim

I believe it's a model 7724, which the manual (available online) says takes a 44-7/8" blade. I think the smaller (non-deep cut) Milwaukees take a 35-3/8" blade. Thanks for the heads-up, though; I'll keep you posted. 

Well, I just had to.... I know I've been wanting one of these for a long time and I'm figuring I can pay it off in use with not buying nearly as much gas for torches for smaller heat bending operations and other heating smaller areas including heating stuck bolts. And the deal was good with the extra coils and a pad is coming as well. So I bought a miniductor off my Cornwell dealer buddy. Can't wait to get using it. 

image.jpg

All of these were saved from the scrap bin, I was at a small amish auction and no one was bidding on these so I managed to get all of it for about $20

Personally, the most interesting thing here is the "Little Giant" (rivet setter?) Considering I never really thought about what else they made.

DSCF4276.JPG

DSCF4278.JPG

DSCF4280.JPG

DSCF4282.JPG

DSCF4284.JPG

DSCF4286.JPG

That's a good haul for $20!

Littleblacksmith 

Nice haul Iron poet. 

Yeah sorry, the miniductor is a hand held induction heater. It heats metal that's within the coil.  I've known about them for a while in the auto body repair business. They are great for small localized heating but these little guys won't do for larger stock. I know Jeremy K has a large induction heater he uses to heat stock to forge. Great technology but it's still up there in price.