• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

actually managed to get some cool stuff today, was at my grandmothers today and she let me pick through some of the stuff that is in the garage before we tare it down. 

some things i didnt get home today(or pictured) include some 10 inch pipe so i can make a hood for my forge, 3 large pipe threaders and about 50 glass 1 gallon jugs a bloens 1250 and some other misc stuff. 

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

Feeling a bit better today so I headed to the fleamarket today; picked up 8 used pony shoes for US$1 some wrought iron strap stock for another buck and a small cast iron ag wheel rusted to the axle piece (sort of a 3 D "7" of 1" round stock about 2.5 feet long.)---well those axles tend to be 1070 to 1080 in the older versions. So once I take it apart I'll test it.  When I got home---after resting s bit I fired up to wax a piece for my cowboy cooking sets I have for Old Fort Bliss days coming up and while it was going I took 4 of the shoes and forged numbers from them as my little casita down here needs something that can be read.  all easy ones 1, 7, 9.

I had a co-worker of mine (well, he was 40 years ago) get one of those Bulldogs and he mounted it on the front of the state-owned Chevy Suburban he drove.  The van was solid orange and he had the dog on the front and he also drilled a hole in the roof and installed a CB radio antenna too.  He was a highway engineer.  No one said anything.

Okay many of guys won't gonna believe such thing can follow home 

It's a motorized blower of 30 inch diameter fitted with a 3 HP motor 

Seller is one of my father's friend he told me it was not used since 4-5 years but it was in working condition when he demolished his smaller furnace and gave me pipe which can join it with burners so it can be run on some kind of thick furnace oil

IMG_20151030_163737.jpg

IMG_20151030_163720.jpg

Hi guys,further to my post above the chap that had that stuff i got has advanced dementia,and his wife wanted everything gone.

there was also an anvil as well,but i couldnt afford that as well,my son works for the scrap dealer so he was on the spot and offered  more than scrap value for me,i didnt dare ask what happened to the anvil though.

Many's the time I have gotten what I wanted at an Auction by asking the person who bought a big lot if they would sell that part to me.  Often they wanted a totally different part of the lot and were happy to sell the part I wanted. (sometimes they wanted the same stuff as I did; oh well...)

Many years ago my family had Standard Bred Race Horses that we traveled around to different fairs Aug. to Oct through out New England and we had a forge like the one pictured above and we used it for BBQs never for shoeing as they had aluminum racing plates on.  First thing loaded on the truck and had some super grilled steaks off of it.  No idea where it ended up when the last of the horses were sold, harnesses and what not.