I Forge Iron

Asking for prayers and good wishes at the beginning of a new venture

JHCC

I'll bet you're glad she has a good enough sense of humor to not spin and knit underwear and slip it on while you sleep.

We've been out of sheep for years now, I'd have to ask if Deb knows of anybody processing wool. Just because there were 10 years ago doesn't mean anything now. We did buy an old washing machine at a yard sale to process wool without gunking up ours.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 months later...

Overdue update: Lisa opened the store on April 11, so it's had three full weeks open, concluding with yesterday's Local Yarn Store Day. So far, things have gone extremely well, right up to a couple of our friends stepping forward to cover the store after she tested positive for COVID two days ago. Gross sales in those three weeks were equivalent to her rent for the next year. So, off to a good start. Thank you all for your good wishes.

Congratulations Lisa!

Drats, I sent a happy dancing Snoopy GIF a couple hours ago and it didn't post. It wasn't too large I checked and doesn't show in my history. <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

It's gone again, I guess it violates something and a mod is removing it. Be nice if I knew why, maybe I could do it a different way or stop trying. It messes with my mind I forget things too frequently and if posts, pics, etc. are being removed without notice it's more confusing than ever. Frustration is hard enough for me to deal with but if it creeps into anger I tend to do things I regret, like take it out on someone who doesn't deserve it.

Frosty The Lucky.

The mods have contacted me and the animated gif was removed because it as a stop sign as you read the forum demanding that you watch or at least look at the gif.  This interrupts the flow of reading.  The larger the gif, the larger the stop sign, and the greater the demand to stop.  

This is also true for colored text.  Dark gray, used by moderators, is close to the black color used for the forum text is so there is a small difference in colors, but enough so you can read right on pass the color change.  The blue color text is reserved for explanations, if needed.  Otherwise you can read the forum at full speed with little or no interruptions.

This does not address the issue of the copyright for Snoopy, the copyright by the person doing the animation, etc.