• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Corn has its own wrapping why unwrap to rewrap just melt butter and salt and baste right as you serve. But that my 30plus years of cooking talking prolly same way some of you can just make metal what ever you want no problems. I have that skill but with food if its edible i will make it shine.

Regarding laws and such on the propane tanks, NFPA 58 - Liquefied Petroleum Gas Code  and NFPA 54 - National Fuel Gas Code are what local or state inspectors generally use as regulations.  Propane suppliers go by these standards generally.  58 is the outside part about tank placement, distance from buildings, etc. whereas 54 is generally inside - fuel piping, etc.

Applicability will depend on what code(s) your state or local government have adopted and what edition.  Some places have adopted about every possible code and others haven't adopted any of them.  And some places, usually large cities have their own set of codes that may or may not be the same as the national codes.

Even if your jurisdiction has not adopted a particular code it is usually a good idea to follow it yourself in the interests of your own and your family's health, safety, and welfare.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

Rescued this moth in the shop at work tonight. I figured all the oils and solvents were not going to do him much good. Got him out into a bit of grass. Hope he survives but it is late summer so he may be kind of elderly. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1eb5926c9db6dbf9039730053a79dc3d.jpeg

you can really only see one wing but he is a pretty big dude. 

On 8/17/2022 at 8:39 PM, Gandalfgreen said:

Actually just got back from my brothers found a dealer locally he knew about going tomorrow. Might even buy a large tank now that i know where one is thought you needed license to use them.

I'm not quite sure what kind of license you are talking about needed for a larger tank? While Avon Lake is one of the more "difficult" cities that I have done work in I highly doubt they have any requirements for 100lb and smaller tanks. I can check my copy of the NFPA 58 but I don't remember smaller tanks being an issue for residential use. We have a lot of job trailers around on commercial projects with multiple 100 lb tanks and have never had a problem with any local building or fire chiefs. I'm curious what kind of "license" you think you might need?

As for filling, your best bet might be if you have a TSC store locally. All the suppliers that I can think of close to me will also fill tanks.  As for buying a tank, TSC, Rural King, and Menards all usually have 20,30,40, and 100 lb tanks in stock. They are pretty readily available.

Prolly chose wrong word in license i just thought you needed permit or buisness to use supplier and a larger tank thats all. Have never really needed bulk propane and have not looked into regulations much just figured be a process but that is why shoukd never assume anything.

I typically refill at the TSC in Amherst, just north of the intersection of SR58 and SR2. There's another on Lorain Road in North Olmsted that also does propane refills.

I tried Airgas in Amherst, but they only do tank exchanges, not refilling.

1 hour ago, Gandalfgreen said:

This was in my buddies shop about a month ago. 

BIG moth. Vampiric aren't they, how's your buddy doing? Have plenty of garlic around? He knows where you live and vampires are pretty disoriented the first couple times they change so they tend to go for the familiar. 

Frosty The Lucky.