I Forge Iron

What did you do in the shop today?

Cannon, :o ya know, having a forge and steel, you could forge out a punch the size you need and hot punch the holes. ;)

Aus, never know, that might be the veggie verson with beetroot. :)

look forward to seeing what you come up with 450.

Made a failed but salvaged bottle opener last night. Tried it out and the resting prongs were too wide open. Gave it a tweek and will try again on the next bottle while I work on roses. :)20190411_205452.thumb.jpg.83d2a801ef745d92504b517cd789026b.jpg

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yeah, BLT is just the start in my world, though I can live without the lettuce, spinach is much better though I'm more likely to have a BL sandwich. I like to slice a hard boiled egg on my BLT. An ABC is one of my all time favorites, Avocado, Bacon and tomato. Mmmmmmm. 

Mayo? . . . Goes without saying, unless it's a PB&J sandwich, mayo is liberally present. Mayo, mmmmmm.

Ever make mayo? I like infusing the oil with an herb or spice for the "dish" and use it to make mayo.  You should see the looks on folks face when they taste tartar sauce made with Cilantro infused oil and lime juice mayo.  Bacon grease mayo isn't anything special, once rendered the bacon flavor is gone. <sigh> Bacon flavor mayo is only a dream I'm afraid.

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty, if you just do bacon spinach, thats just BS. :) I have not made my own mayo yet. Looked up recipe's before tho. 

Nice work Arthur. 

Progress on 4 roses. Love the color of the petals heated. Should be able to have these done tomorrow. 

First ones out of rebar stems. Maybe the last lol.

20190411_230435.thumb.jpg.31e8b184b132d8da875596f66e6089e8.jpg

20190411_230452.thumb.jpg.4f9d581ce5af675cecbbfc849fe63c79.jpg

3 hours ago, Daswulf said:

Love the color of the petals heated.

Me too! That's gorgeous. 

I LOVE a good wilted BS! I like to brown pinon nuts with the bacon to go on the salad and a splash of something acidic, vinegar, lemon, lime, etc. and THAT'S good eating!

Mayo is EASY a hand mixer is MUCH easier than using a whisk and just plain nothing special home made mayo is surprisingly better than out of a jar mayo.

Frosty The Lucky.

15 hours ago, Frosty said:

An ABC is one of my all time favorites, Avocado, Bacon and tomato.

Wouldn't that be an ABT? You guys are making me hungry.

But in my world, an ABT is an Atomic Buffalo xxxx - half a jalapeno filled with a cream cheese mixture, topped with a big piece of pulled pork, wrapped in bacon and BBQed/grilled until the bacon is crispy.

Tomato! Arghhhhh, I meant avocado, bacon and CHEESE! It just gets cheese. Cheese and Tomato are almost as automatic on my sandwiches as mayo. I guess that makes the sandwich an ABCT. I never thought about what to call the things before this thread. I guess I should name my food and write it down. 

When I grill a sandwich I use mayo rather than butter on the grill side, it browns much better and doesn't saturate the bread. 

You know John, we call your version of ABT "poppers" And some of the hard core crowd make them with: Habaneros,  Scotch Bonnets or Ghost peppers. I stopped eating peppers or hot food when I met Deb, she doesn't like spicy hot and you have to build a tolerance to them. The very idea of just EATING the really hot peppers . . . :o !!

I just now learned something new, I was blanking on Habanero and searched Scotch Bonnet to discover they're two different peppers though closely related. 

The THINGS you learn on a blacksmithing site. :)

Frosty The Lucky.

11 hours ago, JHCC said:

Degrees of hotness are of great interest to blacksmiths!

Chili forge? What's welding temp on the Scoville scale?

More gorgeous work Alexandr, we call work like yours "eye candy." I don't have the words to say how much I like what you do.

I love your roses Das, you're really getting good at them. A drop or two of rose oil so people can stop and smell them? 

Frosty The Lucky.