• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lol, I have taken several good hits to the head in my time. I can't say for sure if that's what does it. And to be quite fair I did borrow the design on this one. Just happened that what the commissioner described was very similar so it was just perfect to what she wanted. 

Hotshoeing4 (Mark), we're all born with the ability to be creative. Some of us are just a bit better at accessing that part of the brain.

All you need to do is pay attention to what you like. Look at the work of other artists (past and present) and think about how it makes you feel. Then ask yourself, Why do I like this? How was it made? What are the proportions? How was it designed, and  how well does its workmanship convey what the designer intended?

Then look at things and think, What could this become? What could I make from it, and how would I get from what it is now to what I want it to be?

Well I started a cleaver. I'll be away this weekend so hopefully I can finish it up Monday or Tuesday. It was more work then I thought. Thick leaf spring. Ugh. I had hoped to finish something absurd tonight even if not heat treated. Looks like a longer project. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

What did I do in the shop today?  Zilch. No visitors, wet charcoal, no enthusiasm ... monsoon season.   //////////

/////////

/////////

15" of snow, then another 3" thrown on top for good measure.. Soft ground from the recent thaw and 1hr spent on getting the 2001 F350 7.3L plow truck with tire chains, jacked up and extracted when it sunk up to the front axle in the covered with 15+" of snow..  Then another hr on the tractor clearing the paths for people and trails for the doggies.. 

It was so much fun.. yippy kye aey..   

Did I mention I like the rain.. :) 

Well in a good year we get 9" of  precipitation; pretty much all of it as rain.  Many roads here don't have gutters or storm sewers. Of course the road to my house has several arroyos crossing it and so may have several feet of fast moving water when we do get a rain...The local weather report tends to give rainfall to the hundredths of an inch...