I Forge Iron

Hello old friends and new friends that I have not met yet!

Ted T

Hello Blacksmiths! 

It has been a while, so I am no longer familiar with the protocol used in “I Forge Iron”.

I am hoping this would be an appropriate place to post this. 

Aging and illness has taken a toll on my body, so I am no longer on my 

“A” game of life.  It is now more like I have used the whole alphabet and I am down to my “W” game.  

I am getting pretty close to 80 so I am just proud to still be here. 

With that being said, “I WANTED TO THANK GLENN WHO HAS NOT FORGOTTEN ME, ALL THOUGH I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO BE ACTIVE ON THE SITE”. 

Cancer, Heart Failure, and as a result, Kidney failure, have been trying to have their way with my body. So it is an everyday battle to keep on the green side of the sod.

GLENN HAS SENT ME ”T” SHIRTS SEVERAL TIMES, AND THE SPIRIT OF WHY HE WOULD DO THAT, BOOSTED MY SPIRITS. 

I want to show you one of them that seemed to be right on. 

3 years ago I was given 6 weeks to live with cancer, and 2 years ago I was given 4 days to live with heart failure. I have had Radiation Therapy, Chemo Therapy, and then several surgeries for cancer and also for my heart. I now have a 2-year old experimental Aorta Heart valve that is struggling. 

A series of undeserving miracles interceded, and I am still alive.

This shirt that Glenn sent me, reflects my expression of gratitude! 

IMG_3339.JPG

My wife's grandfather survived the North Atlantic convoys in WWII, was shot, stabbed, survived cancer twice, survived heart attacks, strokes, and a career as a long-haul trucker. Drank like a fish, smoked like a chimney. Coffee was his lifeblood.

The joke in the family was, "God don't want him, and the devil ain't ready!"

Good to see you hanging in there, Ted!

Hi Ted,

Although we have never met when I saw your picture, I thought my goodness one of my officers (before I retired) could be your twin. He is a crusty old cuss and a more dependable and honest person I've never met. I'm pushing the 80 mark too (76) and I would rather wear out than rust, so just keep at it.

Mr Ted , I haven't met you but am glad to see you back. It gives me hope when I see people fighting ilness and infirmity and succeeding. I lost my mother about a year ago and she faced nearly the same illnesses you described. She also recovered from them. Work was a tonic to her and helped her recover. She ultimately was overwhelmed by the flu last winter. I'm glad you are doing well and I hope you continue to do so. Thank you for posting and I wish you the best. Please let us know how you are and don't be a stranger. Stay busy and have fun.

Pnut (Mike)