I Forge Iron

Just a photo.

alexandr

21 hours ago, DHarris said:

I would like to try cooking some of Alexandr’s dishes here myself. 

I also would be interested in trying them.  Maybe Alexandr could be persuaded add some of his culinary flair to Vulcans Grill?  Variety is the spice of life....

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

You're thinking internationally, well said! 

But locally wouldn't you REALLY say, "go 25 clicks and turn left. EH?"

Eh what do you mean

i find that round here that is not used too much mainly when we mess with foreigners or do not understand the other person

("mumble mumble"

"eh what did ya say")

M.J.Lampert

Do you want white or brown bread. eh?

Come on, you wouldn't mess with the Youalls would you? Eh?

It's been a few years since I drove through Canada to or from the lower 48 and ending every sentence with, "eh?" is more of a Yukon Territory thing than in BC.

I was always impressed with the gravy fries and the times the gravy came from a package was really rare. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty, that dish would be poutine - fries with gravy.

I'll see if I can get some pictures of the area around me. We got hit hard recently with 2" of rain in 45 minutes that produced some flash floods. Those coupled with the high winds with gusts hitting 60+ miles per hour did some damage. 

I've heard mayo on fries is a European thing. Anybody who likes mayo is okay in my book. 

Canada wasn't the first place I had wet fries, that was the The Coney Dog in Burbank Cal. about a block from where I worked. My favorite was chili cheese fries with onion. Would that be Tex Mex poutine? I liked his fries with eggs over easy and bacon too. 

Frosty The Lucky.

My wife makes one of my favorites. Called steak Lila, from her Puerto Rican heritage, also popular with the South Florida Cuban community. 

Cube steak marinated in Mojo Criollo and braised in it. Then smothered in chopped onions with parsley mixed in and shoestring fries over that with the hot marinade pored over all.

On 7/16/2021 at 12:41 PM, BIGGUNDOCTOR said:

I'll see if I can get some pictures of the area around me. We got hit hard recently with 2" of rain in 45 minutes that produced some flash floods. Those coupled with the high winds with gusts hitting 60+ miles per hour did some damage. 

can i have the rain we had just enough to keep the dust down for 30ish minutes

On 7/16/2021 at 1:50 PM, Frosty said:

I've had poutine and it has cheese or cheese curds in most cases I ran across. I suppose fries with gravy is maybe a type. I saw both on on the same menus though. 

Frosty The Lucky.

this is poutine https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poutine or you can get fry's with gravy and some call it poutine but technically that's not a real poutine

On 7/16/2021 at 2:33 PM, ThomasPowers said:

I've had fries with mayonnaise in Belgium.

in Germany they do that with mayo and ketchup they call it rot-Weiß or red white (wow so creative)

M.J.Lampert

Over 100 years old, some of your early work then? :rolleyes:

Now I want to visit the park, maybe spend a couple days. My muse is Thalia. Who could've guessed?

That's a wonderful link Alexandre, thank you.

Frosty The Lucky.

"poo-TEEN".

On 7/16/2021 at 5:33 PM, ThomasPowers said:

I've had fries with mayonnaise in Belgium.

When I was living in NYC, there was a place near my wife's job that did Belgian-style pommes frites. They had a mayonaise-based "frite sauce" that was to die for.