I Forge Iron

Just a photo.

alexandr

And I was expecting a Lada;)

Kubinka was about the same, midwinter all the snow was frozen stiff, the manholes from the city heating where maybe 50cm below the snow and the sidewalks had even more snow on it. 

From what I have heard St Petersburg is not like the rest of Russia.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have seen of it is the Hermitage, and it looks amazing. I take it you know that Peter the Great once lived and learned in the Netherlands? They still have the house he lived in in a museum in Zaandam.

A short walk in the center of St. Petersburg. Heavy snow has passed at night, the view is not the best.

Admiralty, Winter Palace, Palace Square, General Staff.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Cathedral of the Savior on Spilled Blood. Wrought iron fence around the cathedral.

My canopy is opposite. Installed 20 years ago.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

IMG_20210307_144319.jpg

IMG_20210307_145229.jpg

Kazan Cathedral, Nevsky Prospect. Lots of forged things.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

29 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

So when are you publishing your "Historical Decorative Ironwork of Saint Petersburg" book?  

There are many beautiful places in the suburbs of St. Petersburg. Petrodvorets, Pushkin, Pavlovsk, Oranienbaum, Gatchina, Strelna, Kronstadt... I'll do it. There are a lot of photos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started seeds early this year and now have blooms on some things that are not suppose to be planted until mid May or later.    

High 30s*F or less last night and the wife said bring bring the ones she pointed to inside the house.  

Temps are getting into the 40 and lows are staying above freezing most nights now. The snow's going fast and the driving areas are getting soft. I wish it'd rain for a couple days and clear the ground so it can start to thaw and drain. 

I only light a small fast fire in the morning to take the chill off, I tend to get up around 4am or earlier and it can be a bit till after the sun comes up. 

Unless the wind is blowing it's t shirt weather here. 

Nobody's planting outdoors yet, not in South Central, South East maybe but it's a different climate there. 

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

SHHHHHHH!! :o 

It started raining this morning and the temp is down, supposed to be below freezing tonight. We just got rid of almost all the snow!  

Jet stream is sending us cold air from . . . Yeah, you guessed it, Russia!

Frosty The Lucky.