I Forge Iron

Church sign

58er

Started church sign for small church we go to. 

Not sure about something on it can't quite place it yet 

Going to have grapes wrap around the top so I want to leave it more open on top panel. 

Plan will be to have a scroll panel on top and bottom of 4x4 wood sign which will be held by 1"X1/4 flat stock. 

My assistant insisted on being in photo  

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_2158.JPG

IMG_2157.JPG

I like it so far. The only thing that looks a little off to me may be the lengths of the legs on the cross. The horizontal bars appear to be much longer than the top vertical bar, that might be what is throwing it off just a bit. Scrolls look pretty uniform and have a nice flow to them.

Look forward to seeing the finished project.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really nice work. Well done. 

I must say, though, that the stained plywood is something of a disappointment and (apart from the quality of the lettering, which is very nice) looks a bit cheap. There’s also not a lot of contrast between that brown and the lettering, which really needs to stand out a bit more. 

I agree with JHCC,

The contrast between the woods color and the lettering is not great enough.

Also, the lettering is too small for readers who are not standing close to the sign.

A quick test to confirm that would be to view the sign from across the street. &, also,  while driving by.

Please note; that your sign is an excellent job of forging and design and that there is no personal criticism.

SLAG.