alexandr

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it's all forged, so that might come off as just saying only the ring on the pull is forged. I'm certainly no wordsmith JHCC ( you are way more articulate than I am) but I think the most simplistic works. I thought about adding "Ornamental" in there but that might not imply the function of it.  Either way that is some beautiful work again Alexandr.

• 2 months later...

How about a "hand forged door ring pull".

If your rooftop device rotated to show the direction of the wind, it would be known as a weather vane.

But I do not think that that is what it does.

If the item blocks the rain from falling into the chimney, it could be called a chimney cap or more likely a chimney guar, or a rain cap.

SLAG.

I'd call it a chimney cap, maybe a weather shield, it's not exactly a cap. I've never seen one like it so you get to name it. You know if you took Slag's question and put the umbrella shaft on bearings and positioned the birds correctly it would make a splendid wind vane as well as a cap.

I Love your work Alexandr.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest a fireplace screen, or fireplace doors with spark screen.

A fire box, or fire box with heat shield and ash pan.

Я хотел бы предложить экран камина или каминные дверцы с искровым экрана. Пожар или огонь поле с тепловой щит и зольник.

Just the outer part is the "fireplace screen", not sure what to call the rest.

Beautiful work! I can't say I wouldn't absolutely Love to have a kitchen like that.

Только внешняя часть является «каминный экран», не уверен что вызывать остальные. Красивая работа! Я не могу сказать, что я не люблю абсолютно как то есть кухня

privet, syn rodiny, dobro pozhalovat' na angliyskiy yazyk, gde vse zaputyvayet i ne imeyet nikakogo smysla. Zhelayu vam udachi i udachi v blizhayshiye gody. veselit'sya i vypit' nemnogo vodki dlya menya

hello fellow son of the motherland, welcome to the english language where everything is confusing and makes no sense at all. I wish you good luck and good fortune in the years to come. have fun and drink some vodka for me

Guys, thanks!!!

A fireplace screen,

fireplace doors with spark screen,

fire box with heat shield and ash pan.

On 10/29/2017 at 9:53 PM, AJtheWelder said:

hello fellow son of the motherland, welcome to the english language where everything is confusing and makes no sense at all. I wish you good luck and good fortune in the years to come. have fun and drink some vodka for me

Привет, земляк. Извини водку не пью больше 35 лет, не лезет. Выпью за твое здоровье хорошего домашнего вина, знакомые хохлы угостили.

• 10 months later...

Ah, I was missing pictures of your work Alexandr, there isn't enough beauty in the world. I think "Corner Sofa" is a good term though there may be a better one, I expect it'll show up soon. A large cushion in the corner would make it a Chaise I suppose.

Beautiful work thanks for the look.

Frosty The Lucky.

I think corner sofa describes it pretty well, but whatever you call it, the artistry is outstanding. You get such flowing lines and exacting symmetry. I noticed the curtain rod bracket too and the curtain holder. Your house must be like an exhibition of blacksmith masterpieces. Just beautiful.

• 2 months later...