I Forge Iron

new beast of an anvil :) (pic heavy)

So I found a an add on craigslist for a 450# German anvil for $975. so I look at my wife and she said go for it :) YEE HAA.. only downside is its 280 miles away. but I drove it anyway. here is some pics of what i see when I get there.

IMAG0030_zps487df987.jpg

IMAG0032_zps673479e2.jpg

IMAG0033_zpsdb409557.jpg

IMAG0035_zps54494b5b.jpg

he must have had 80-100 anvils there it was so cool, turns out he is a blacksmith of 40 years and has a shop in Columbia and buys the anvils from all over the world. He bought mine in Germany. So mine is around 450# and has no markings on it but he figures its around 100 years old, and it still looks great, has a few nicks here and there but not bad and he was very nice since I drove so far he nocked $50 off so I got it for just a hair over $2 a pound. so here is what you all have been waiting for PICS... 

IMAG0036_zps70aa8e7c.jpg

IMAG0037_zpsa390537e.jpg

IMAG0038_zps31e041a5.jpg

IMAG0039_zpsf024bb44.jpg

IMAG0041_zps9867f347.jpg

in the back of my explorer:)

Sounds like we need to find out if your wife has any sisters, their predilection for spoiling blacksmiths, if any,

and so forth. 

Last time I ran down the hill to buy an anvil (it was a couple of blocks) I received the "look" and a head shake

from the wife. 

thank you guys.. I will post some pics in its new home probably in a couple days or so. DC, It was in Rice lake WI at a farm. ya black frog thats him :) I loved seeing all those anvils, I didnt even get pics of them all just a few of them, are you buying an anvil BF or just visiting? 

• 2 weeks later...