I Forge Iron

Prayers for my wife

Marksnagel

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This cancer has become so normal for us that is has become routine and seems to just be a normal part of life. I guess it is in a way."

Mark, I'm praying for Patty and yourself that you remain steadfast in your faith in God and in His loving embrace. May His peace be a normal and routine part of your lives also.

In all things give thanks, Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

Answered prayers. Thanks to all who have lifted Patty and I up in prayer. We had a week long battery of tests last week and they showed some very questionable places and small tumors. After seeing the oncologist the other day we were left feeling up in the air as to what we may face. We had a meeting with one of the foremost carcinoid cancer researchers in the world who has been following Patty's progress throughout the last 8 years of this cancer.

He was very hopeful. She will need to have a tumor removed in the near future but he is very pleased with her cancer markers and blood work. God has touched our lives and we are blessed to have so many of you praying for us.

Thank you.

Mark<><

GOD IS GOOD!

• 6 months later...

Once again I ask for prayers for Patty. The last tests she had showed a larger progression of her cancer into other areas and also into her pancreas. Next week she will start a new type of chemo and we will see what that will do. Depression (Patty) is kicking in as this has been a long and drawn out battle. The side effects of the chemo meds are almost as bad as the cancer but we are hopeful and prayerful for a good outcome.
Stick in a small prayer for me too as I'm tired and have begun to feel like this is just normal ops. Maybe it is.
I thank God for all he has done for us and even though it has had its rough times we are truly blessed.
Mark <><

Prayer is ongoing from Utah.
We lift you and Patty with prayers of Healing, Peace, and the Continuous Covering of the GRACE of GOD.
We also pray that the hand of God will guide Patty’s care givers, and all of those that provide support to Patty and yourself in any way.
Mark, I have found that the feelings and the intentions of my heart are far more complex and intent with puropse than my limited vocabulary could adequately come close to expressing. That is why I am so thankful to be able to pray to the one who understands all of our needs and can do something about it!

Greater is he that is …………………
Ted Throckmorton

Mark thank you for inviting us to pray with you and your wife. It is indead the most powerful thing that we can do for each other.I will pray that she will have peace and comfort in the LORD as she goes thru this. And i will pray that GOD has a healing hand apon her.

GOD BLESS ed soule

• 1 year later...

I lift up my wife Patty again for prayer. She has been battling cancer since 2003. This however is not cancer related. Tomorrow at noon she will undergo surgery to remove an aracnoid  cyst from her spinal cord. I ask for your prayers as we go thru this. She will be in the hospital for @ a week and then Lord willing, home where I will care for her. 

Mark <><