I Forge Iron

Curio's, Curiosities and Artifacts

Scott NC

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George, if you do some independent research you'll find that there's plenty of evidence supporting the existence of Bigfoot. Start with the Patterson / Gimlin film and go from there. There are photos, videos, tons of footprint casts, hair samples, recordings of vocalizations, etc. 

The thing to keep in mind is that these creatures are, for the most part, nocturnal, shy, elusive, and try their best to stay away from people. 

Nevertheless, there have still been thousands of sightings and interactions with these things. Farmers, ranchers and rural property owners tell of living with families of Bigfoot for generations. 

There's a huge body of information on these beings if you're curious enough to look.

Listen to a few accounts on The Bigfoot Project on YouTube if you're interested. 

If there are legitimate hair, skin, or scat samples DNA analysis should show that there is an unknown species out there.  Crowd funding could pay for it.  And where are the bodies?  All creatures die, naturally or accidentally, and leave remains.  Something should have been found by now.  And there have been no primate fossils found in North America younger than the Eocene (about 35 million years ago).  That, of course, is not proof of non-existance but it is circumstantial evidence which points toward a conclusion.  As you say, all evidence, both positive and negative needs to be considered as well as probabilities.  And given human nature, it seems improbable that with all the reported human/crypto primate interactions that none of them seem to have resulted in a fatality for the primate and resulting remains.  Given the prevalence of firearms in the US and the tendency of many folk to shoot first and ask questions later, particularly when encountering something big and scary, it seems improbable that something like this has not happened.

All that said, I, personally, would find it very cool if hard evidence turned up of the existance of a large primate species in North America.  However, I really don't expect that to happen.  I recall that the yeti scalps in the Himylayas turned out to be made from goat skins.

GNM

Like I said, there have been hair samples, scat samples, videos, photos, and even dead bodies. There is no lack of evidence. You just haven't heard about it. 

But why then hasn't the government and the scientific community come out to verify these numerous findings? Well, they have. The government knows all about Bigfoot. So does the park service. Yet, they all remain silent and will deny any knowledge of these creatures.

Anyone who hasn't done their own research will roll their eyes at that last statement. People who have done research will verify it. 

I'd like to slip this in before this thread gets locked, or everybody "leaves this topic".   It's my coconut pirate head.  I like those bobble heads Das and the soot adds major character, I think.  Thanks for contributing.

c1_20240303_12182813.thumb.jpeg.a935de4e4f1472c78aab20f9c66c0f77.jpeg

I think I will not post anymore off topic topics even here in "Everything Else".

Cool Coconut pirate Scott, somewhere in the stuff in my Sister's storage is my old coconut TIKI I got at the Swiss Family Robinson tree house at Knotts Berry farm. 

If you have more please post it. It isn't your fault parts of this thread went south, I shouldn't have engaged the . . . 

Frosty The Lucky.

No it's probably a good thing, I have some strong point's of view on things outré, extraterestrial, legends, and wierd stuff in general.  Pro, con, proof, faith and what not and would surely engaged eventually but listened to that inner voice for a change.  I have also been known to go off into the derailment weeds on  occassion.

The little store where I bought that had 100's of different styles and they were dirt cheap.  And I bought ONE.  There was one with bristly black hair and a dagger clenched between its teeth, I still remember....  I could have decorated a wall with them.

Native Alaskan artists have been carving masks for thousands of years, some ceremonial but most are to protect them from the winter, cold, wind, sun, etc. The one I bought in S.W. Ak. Ketchikan I think was taken by someone I never invited back. To the point of telling him not to come around again. 

Unfortunately they became popular with the touroids and prices went from around $20 in mid 70s to a couple few hundred for a simple one now.

Now I'm wondering what they'd do with coconuts. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Scott, I like the idea of this thread. I honestly have a Lot of curious items and artifacts. I love seeing what others post as well. In my opinion no harm in creating the thread. Yeah, things can go off course but I think we can get it back again. 

You are right, of course, Aric.

Most of my treasures and curiosities are small things but here's a solid cast iron eagle that sat in the front yard at the family farm for decades, set in a concrete base.  I had to sell it when we moved.  It would be interesting to see the foundry and watch the casting process on such an object.  I made an angle iron frame with casters to move it about after the farm was sold. 

c1_20240304_07565428.thumb.jpeg.99739bf5d17337a41c45925a62ecb4ff.jpeg

There are at least two things human beings do well.

Shooting and killing things.

Hitting things with our cars.

Why are there no victims shown? I wold think not all of Them would be bought up.

I tried to refrain.  How do you know if such creatures exist, and they aren't one zillion times smarter than we are, enough to hide their existence.  Would that be more far out than their existense in the first place?   After all, we know nothing about these things.  I'm just playing devils advocate.  Everybody raise your hand that believes in the human soul.  What?  No proof?

I could have used better terminology than "Devils Advocate".  Bad choice of words.

They hide their existence by being ghosts.  Cars would go right through them, bullets right through them, ghosts i am telling you.

Seriously though, this is why i love these kind of things. As long as the discussion stays civil and does not devolve into childish name calling and the like. I love seeing others opinions 

Bigfoot, among others, i have seen enough evidence to say that they may be onto something but i have not seen any thing that makes me say yep, 100% for certain. 

Seems like I’ve missed a bunch!!!

but ohhhhh man do I have a Bigfoot story!!!!!!!

so some years ago I was with a group of friends at one of their houses, he lived right beside the highway, it was fall so the sun sat earlier in the day, 

well he was showing us all a new to him gili suit he had bought at a army navy surplus store, well us boys were playing around with it and taking turns trying it on..

then we came up with the bright idea to wait till dusk and mess with cars driving down the highway

It was just dusk and the sun had set but it wasn’t dark outside, there was a curve in the highway a couple hundred yards south 

so we would wait hidden in the brush till we heard a car coming and then step out and do the Bigfoot pose and stare at the car and then turn and move back into the cover of brush an trees!!!!:lol:

we did this for close to an hour till it was dark outside and we got board and moved on to other shenanigans inside, no telling how many vehicles we did that too

there was Bigfoot sightings reported in the days afterwards and we all died laughing rolling around on the ground, as far as I know nonbody ever bothered to contact anyone and let them know it was a joke:ph34r:

It’s double funny because Adair county holds a Bigfoot convention every year we’re a bunch of people go stumbling around the woods with shaky cameras hoping to get sight of him!!! and there’s a dude who writes a column in the Stilwell democrat journal newspaper every week about Bigfoot!!!! 

bahahahahahaha oh man I still laugh to this day when I think about it!!! :lol:

We used to spook new guys on the graveyard shift at the old bean plant.  Many years ago, before I started, they had an anual shutdown for repairs and one contractor had his leg cut off and survived but another died in a gruesome way I won't describe.  It was in the extraction plant.  3 am by yourself with humming pumps and machinery is bad enough.  There were tales told.  I even got the shivers doing my rounds.

We had a control room we monitored all things from and in the wee hours it was great fun for some to go up 2 floors and drop a sledge hammer on the roof of the control room.  It was a intense place with explosive potential, and it made you jump out of your skin.  There was a lot of creepy stuff happened there.  It's why I don't like ghosts.

On 3/2/2024 at 9:24 PM, Daswulf said:

The bobbleheads

On 2/26/2024 at 1:42 AM, BillyBones said:

May i introduce Capt. Krinklebein

Das & Billy, those are great. I LOVE those bobbleheads! I am a huge fan of creepy/odd dolls, especially clowns - and the bobblehead aspect manages to raise it a notch!

I don't have a lot to add to the Bigfoot arguments, living in the middle of the supposed territory, but I saw a sundog once, and there's a town near me that had an elephant go on a drunken rampage, Tusko, in Sedro-Wolley. Handler got it off a circus and would tour it up and down the coast, come and see it for two bits. Settled in for the winter and took it out for a walk when it decided to go walkabout. Knocked at least one house of its foundations, smashed a few cars, and drank an entire Prohibition-era tank of sour mash.

No I told you all that because shiny-keys, squirrel, gestalt!!! and I came in to point out that Doc Nichols of the whiteboard fame used to hang out on here and I believe still has old posts if you can find them.

I think his handler fell asleep after sampling the output of the still and Tusko drank a vat of mash, about 50gl plus of beer. I think Tusko's rampage was a small town trying to hide it's still from the revenuers but Tusko was just looking for a refill.

Frosty The Lucky.