I Forge Iron

Blacksmithing gems and pearls

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, WayneCoeArtistBlacksmith.c said:

I keep telling you, "Its the Gremlins in the shop that move the tools arou

I'm sure you are right but when I moved into a new shop they came along so must be attached to the tools,  best thing to do is give me all your tools and make new ones and I will deal with the Gremlins.  Smile!

I can't write limericks but did drive at Limerock once (that is a race track in NW CT for those from out of town) does that count. 

What a great read Glenn, thanks for the link I just don't remember writing it. Must've been quite a while ago, probably before the accident. . . Right?

When I was mechanicing it was common wisdom that the only way to find that missing tool was go get another. Unfortunately that stopped working soon after I stopped working on cars. Somewhere in this house there is a multi meter next to, as in touching, a half pack of cheapO "Player" smokes with my favorite old Zippo on the smokes. I looked for that thing for two days and finally just bought another, did what I need to and put it where I'd never lose it. . . RIGHT NEXT TO, as in touching, the other multi meter, half pack of smokes and lighter.

The two multi meters I've managed to HOLD ONTO are in my electric stuff tool box and no, I have NO IDEA where that Zippo and other meters are other than somewhere in the house. And yeah, IN is probably exactly where they are behind sheet rock somewhere though I SWEAR I checked and marked every single 2" x 6" space large enough to hold them. I can remember laying the second meter next to the first one it was such an AH HAH! moment. Just not where.

It's gotten worse since.

Frosty The Lucky.

great JHCC, except I was driving a SAAB turbo at the time, a real SOOB Story It became.  Much would have preferred the Trotters and Pacers from the home farm a lot more fun to race. 

Just now, SLAG said:

"Don't eat yellow snow !"

one of the first thing a Vermont kid learns as well. 

JHCC I just spent 6 days in NoTown had a blast with my son and best friend. 

12 minutes ago, notownkid said:

great JHCC, except I was driving a SAAB turbo at the time, a real SOOB Story It became. 

'81 silver-gray 900? Must have been the one I bought used over on the other side of Tinmouth. Ended up getting stolen off the street in NYC, two days after I got pulled over by cops who thought I was driving a stolen car. Turns out they were right, but early. 

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:29 PM, ThomasPowers said:

Had an old family friend who back in the '60's had a two stroke Saab; used to give gas jockey's heart attacks  by popping out after a fill up and pouring a couple of quarts of oil into the gas tank...

Yup, but in our area where there were a zillion Saabs everyone was use to them & the oil in '67 they came out with a mixer tank that injected the oil into the fuel stream and then gas attendants went nuts and refused to put gas in without an qt of oil. I had to show one guy the tank and the owners manual before he would allow even me to put gas in.  We were dealers for 33 yrs.   

12 hours ago, notownkid said:

Yup, but in our area where there were a zillion Saabs everyone was use to them & the oil in '67 they came out with a mixer tank that injected the oil into the fuel stream and then gas attendants went nuts and refused to put gas in without an qt of oil. I had to show one guy the tank and the owners manual before he would allow even me to put gas in.  We were dealers for 33 yrs.   

You were a dealer in the '60s eh, couldn't make enough selling cars?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. By time I was putting gas in Saabs they were all swoopy 4 strokes .

Frosty The Lucky.

13 hours ago, Frosty said:

You were a dealer in the '60s eh, couldn't make enough selling cars?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. By time I was putting gas in Saabs they were all swoopy 4 strokes .

Frosty The Lucky.

we were the 2n d oldest SAAB dealer in the country when GM bought them and kicked out all small time dealers,  didn't worry about being caught as the VT Attorney General was a customer and when he was assist US attorney general in Washington he still had them.  Nice to be protected.  A life time ago glad to be shed of the auto business. 

• 2 weeks later...