I Forge Iron

My Own Motivational Music - Video heavy

Scott NC

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the best guitar player now or ever is... (dramatic pause)... a matter of opinion. 

Frosty, that is absolutely correct. When you get to the level those guys, and many others, are at, there is no "greatest".  

Also i may add that most of the time if you ask someone who is the best they will usually say someone quite famous. I have been to many, many live shows in my time and some of the best guitar players, or just about any instrument, have been guys that just about nobody has ever heard of. 

Here is a bit of different guitar. This boy grew up playing in his church down south with his daddy and uncles. The band he plays with is all family to him. 

Huh, i usually watch the video to proof them first. Had one that would stop and play ads right in the middle of the song. Seemed to be fine until i posted it. Picking up the Monte today so it will have to be later but i will try and find one that will play. 

Anyway, this kids plays a steel guitar and is just incredible, like Hendrix just on a different style guitar. 

7 hours ago, Irondragon Forge ClayWorks said:

Well after all he did host the show

7 hours ago, Scott NC said:

knew it rang a bell

You guys have me thinking of Art Bell with coast to Coast Am. While it was talk, it was entertaining, thought provoking and inspirational. I still can hear the intro tunes in my head now. Got me through many of late nights. 

Been reluctant to post on this but yeah, that made me. Other than that I will keep my yap shut because I could easily annoy with everything I find inspirational. 

I am not getting this. On my phone they play just fine but on my PC not so much. 

As posted earlier with Dwight Yoakum,  Roy's accomplice on Hee-Haw, Buck Owens, was quite talented as well. 

When i was a kid me and my grandparents would watch Hee-Haw every Sunday night. I always liked Grandpa.

Yeah, when Art Bell stopped hosting, then passed away (no telling where) Coast to Coast went right downhill. I think everybody listened to it on the graveyard shift. I haven't been able to listen to more than a few minutes since. <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

I agree about Art Bell.  Here is that intro instumental in all it's glory...  I had no idea it was so long.  There's just something about Italian composers.  I like Ennio Morricone too, but then I love sphaghetti westerns.  I guess there is no accounting for taste....:)

Ahh, that brings back memories of late nights plowing and sanding roads. 

There was another piece of music he played frequently and talked about. Something, 'Deidra' IIRC. Know which one I'm thinking of? Maybe have a link?

I really miss the old "Coast to Coast. am." Couldn't believe any of it but it was sure entertaining, especially when a couple of the "believers" I worked with would get going on some totally ridiculous thing. 

Fun times.

Frosty The Lucky.

I'm kind of late to the discussion but a group that I really like and is particularly good to play in the shop is Corvus Corax which is a German medieval/metal group but, really, they don't fit very well into a genre that I know of.  Here is one of their concert pieces and I will admit that they are rather bizzare but great musicians.

There are a fair number of their videos on You Tube.

And I suppose that it is improbable that a guy of my age and background would go for this but I am nothing if not improbable.

George

PS Corvus Corax is the Latin scientific name for a raven.

George I really like Corvus Corax, neber heard of them before.  Kind of mesmerizing.  Nothing wrong with improbable, it makes life interesting...:)  I hope I can be improbable someday....;)

Randy, I like Celtic and they are good although that clip was too short, I will look them up.  Do you have a boom box in your shop? 

15 hours ago, Frosty said:

Couldn't believe any of it

Come now....

15 hours ago, Frosty said:

especially when a couple of the "believers" I worked with would get going on some totally ridiculous thing. 

Did you fuel their fire for fun?  We had a guy at a workplace that believed in ghosts and liked to talk about it.  I won't say nobody told ghost stories around the lunch tables in the break room.  He liked it and would run with it, got kind of wild eyed sometimes.

Scott, I suppose being improbable, at least for me, is doing what you like without any consideration of how it fits in with anything else.  My attorney friends are surprised that I am a blacksmith and my blacksmith friends are surprised that I am an attorney.  And my interests are what they are without any consideration of "masculine" or "feminine."  So, I like metal working, cooking, guns, antiquing, calligraphy, hunting, can hold my own in sewing, don't have much of an interest in team sports, etc..

When folk know one or a few things about you they will create a full profile in their head of what you are like and when the reality of what and who you really are is revealed it can upset their mental apple cart and surprise them.  I guess that improbability is unconciously avoiding stereotypes.

Just about all of us here are improbable in just being blacksmiths since that is an uncommon hobby or profession.  But I will bet that few of us meet the stereotypical image of a blacksmith, large, male, white, strong, etc..  One of the things I like about IFI is the wide variety of folk here.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

On 12/28/2023 at 8:51 AM, Scott NC said:

Did you fuel their fire for fun?

What, ME? How could you even think of such a thing? One of the guys on the road crew would give the whole breakroom a complete recap of what he watched on TV AND listened to on the radio the night before, like all of us weren't listening to the same radio station. 

He was going on at length about the hand wind radio he'd bought mail order, they used to sponsor Coast to Coast, don't know now. He brought it in and was showing all the trick things it did and demoing them. Everybody had been rolling their eyes since he stood up and started talking. He'd been going on about buying it for a couple weeks and waiting for one with enough bells and whistles.

Soooo, I ask him if he'd ordered the "battery powered automatic winder," for it so he wouldn't have to wind it every 6 hours or however long it lasted. 

MAN did that light a fire under him and he spent the next 3-4 shifts listening for the "battery auto winder" offer and asking if any of us had heard it. A couple of the guys told him they'd caught it on a different station, one filled the night with evangelical preaching and hymns.

He asked one of the lead foremen if they'd heard the ad and Anch. 2 asked the guy why he didn't just buy a battery radio.

It was like he'd fallen for canned dehydrated water. 

So, no Scott I'd NEVER feed someone's oddness.

Frosty The Lucky.