I Forge Iron

My Own Motivational Music - Video heavy

Scott NC

I got a lot of hits on The Ventures and didn't stick it out long enough to find out who was or wasn't still around. There must've been at least 35 total or so on the band member count to date. Read parts, saw they were still doing gigs all over the planet and called it. 

Frosty The Lucky.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never was much of a Rush fan. Dont get me wrong, they were one of rocks and rolls greatest, H... of a drummer. Just not my cup of tea.  

A bit of 80's throw back, a time in my life that coming home from a concert could also include broken bones. 

The closest I ever came to that was the only concert I went to Ted Nugent and a riot broke out and somebody lobbed a beer bottle that hit my buddy Frankie squarely on the head.  We took him back to the ship and had medical check him over and put him in his bunk.  He had a hard head.  We called him "Fruit Fly Frankie".  One of the best guy's I have known.

I was at Deercreek for a Grateful Dead show in '95. A bunch of people decided they were going to "storm the gates" at a sold out show. The news called it a riot. I was on the other side of the parking lot, had tickets to the 2nd night, so i can not sya for sure what happened, but there was a line of police cars at least a mile long and you could smell the CS in the air. 

The 2nd night got cancelled, the only concert the Dead ever cancelled. At Buckeye lake in '94 there was a huge thunderstorm during the show, the band played on through driving wind blowing the rain almost sideways. I still have my ticket to the '95 show. I figure when i breathe my last i will get to finally use it. I call it my ticket to heaven, tongue in cheek. 

The Outlaws, i have always liked them. "Green Grass and High Tides" has always been one of my favorite songs. 

Fun story, when i lived in Florida there was a radio station that did a request hour. They would play what ever you requested if you could get through to the DJ. One night as the time was set to begin i called wanting them to play a Ten Years After song. When the guy answers the phone he say "CONGRADULATIONS, you won" Me, having just turned on the radio and no clue said "won what?" It was 2 tickets to see Molly Hatchet and The Outlaws. I took my dad. 

I also took my mom and dad to go see Crosby, Stills, and Nash when i lived there. 

I think my mom would go to a concert, she likes trying any new adventure.  Dad wouldn't have unless it was Conway Twitty or similar.  Here's one I like.  I also like Don Felders Heavey Metal video with the bomber getting shot up but it's pretty graphic to link, even for a cartoon.

Ahhhh, good tunes all! I don't know what kind of concert I could've talked my folks into, MAYBE a Simon and Garfunkel concert, other than that Dad only listened to country western and Mother didn't listen to enough radio for me to remember her tastes. She liked Honky Tonk some anyway and maybe Swing. Music from her youth. We all shared the same distaste for crowds, I'm not fond of sardines I don't want to be one. 

Frosty The Lucky.

I have a theory that a person's taste in music is largely formed by what was popular in their early teens.  For me, that was the folk music period in the late '50s and early '60s.  I like some othe genres but I still probably play more folk than anything else.

GNM

George that may be true, unless your early teen years it was the disco era. 

Oddly i was not into what was popular when i was a teenager. Yes i did like some of the 80's metal hair bands, Anthrax, Metallica, Ozzy, etc. but i was more likely to be listening to Muddy Waters, BB King, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, or some other blues guitarist. A lot of late 60's rock because much of it was blues based. Janis Joplin is one of my favorite singers ever because of the gritty, gravely blues voice. 

On 2/21/2024 at 9:10 AM, Scott NC said:

I wonder what Johhny Cash would think?

I think he'd have bee OK with that.  After all, he took a Nine Inch Nails song and made it his own.  I think it fits his life.

I must say that quote was said tongue in cheek.  Sometimes I joke around too much.

I have never listened to Nine Inch Nails and I'm not a huge Johnny Cash fan but I do like some.  I've never heard this song before.  It makes one think, I like music that does that.  Makes me sad though.   I suppose it fit's many peoples lives.  I looked up the origons to this song, too.  Interesting.  Thanks for posting it.

Anybody know where the Rolling Stones got their lip's and tongue logo?  Kind of bizzare if you dig into it.

It's like the song was written about Johnny Cash.

This is one of my favorites for the genre. 

I want to be able to hear and understand the lyrics though there is plenty of 60s rock that screams undecipherably to my soul.

Frosty The Lucky.

Everybody likes music and song you can hear the lyrics to.  I remember watching Lawerence Welk, with my dad.  He slapped the tv everytime it scrolled.  It doesn't stop me from appreciating other types though.

How many people remember TVs with vertical and horizontal hold controls, do you think? Heck, you had to adjust the hue and tone on our first color TV along with the holds. I was elected to adjust color, I had a knack for that. Seemed every station was a little different. 

Frosty The Lucky.