I Forge Iron

My Own Motivational Music - Video heavy

Scott NC

I remember those adjustment knobs. 

When i was a kid it was my job to go out and turn the antenna to get better reception. My dad or grandpa would be in the living room yelling "A little more, more, more, OK! that's it. Nope, to far, back just a bit, nope to much, ok that is good." 

This past week Brit Turner lost his battle with cancer. That would be the guy on the drums in this cover the Rolling Stones. 

Again one of my favorites, Blackberry Smoke.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we moved to S. Cal. the reception in the San Fernando Valley was great so I never had to aim the antenna on the roof I was too young when that was an issue. Still had to fiddle the holds though. 

Of course things are still tough, I mean seriously, we have a basic plan and only 700 channels to surf. I need one of those rooms like NASA has so I can monitor a few dozen screens at a time.

Yeah, THAT'S the ticket!:D

Frosty The Lucky.

Our antenna then was on a long pole so no going up on the roof. 

When we lived in KY we had a wire, one of those that looked kind of like a ladder, that ran from the house to the antenna that was on top of a mountain about a mile away. If the TV went out it involved a hike up the mountain following the wire and then repairing the place it broke. 

Frosty, on the plus side of that though we rarely even turned the TV on. There were much better or important things to do. Like launch your little cousin 30' through the air from a bent down tree. 

One of the worst but whoopins i ever got. Me and one of my cousins went up on the hillside one day. One of our other younger cousins wanted to come with us. We tied her up to a tree and left. An hour or so later grandma asked where she was, me and my cousin both said "i dunna know". She spent about 2 hours tied to a tree in the middle of the woods till my uncle found her. Grandma did not even make us cut the switch before she wore our xxxes out. 

Tying a pesky tag along little kid to a tree sounds like a pretty typical solution. I got in trouble more than once for trying "imaginative" things to get my little sister to leave me alone.

In one of the places we lived, my friends and I used to explore the underground storm control system. Miles and miles of concrete culverts large enough to drive a pickup truck in. We took torches and a couple Molotov cocktails for self defense.:rolleyes: A can of spray paint to mark the route out was a must once we reached the second intersection. A couple few times we stayed down long enough for our single mantel Coleman lantern to run out of gas. Flashlight batteries didn't last near long enough. I had a  generator headlight on my bicycle which was good.

I'm just very happy (now) we never got caught by a flash flood. Being teens to young to drive we were all convinced we could just swim out if it happened. What, ME worry?

We spent a lot of time hiking and camping in the foothills too. Living in the burbs wasn't like living in the city still . . . 

Frosty The Lucky.

On 3/7/2024 at 3:44 AM, BillyBones said:

My dad or grandpa would be in the living room yelling "A little more, more, more, OK! that's it. Nope, to far, back just a bit, nope to much, ok that is good

And then a voice came out of nowhere:

• 2 weeks later...

How am I supposed to listen to Dr. James Dilley talking about knapping flint and the paleo-archeology of knapped tools when you post this tasty a selection of things to listen to? 

Good listening for an old fart like me, thanks.

Frosty The Lucky.

I may be able to listen to more than one thing at a time, background music is always welcome but my headphones just make a muddle of different sound tracks playing at once. 

Roll off the low side of the bed. <SHEESH!> Kids today, what can you do with them? 

Keep it up Scott, I'm warming up the rubber chicken.

Frosty The Lucky.

The rubber chicken again.  You threatened to beat me with it in person, mail it to mom to thrash me with it, I think you even mentioned automating one to go after me.  I suppose a rubber chicken could give a good lashing though.  Still haven't seen one.

I don't have a low side to the bed, I don't think.  How do you get it low?  Do you have to get a roll going to flip you out?  I sometimes do.

Eh. Ok. 

I still need to go through a bunch of music here but now I feel like adding something. Just tell me to bugger off if I get too invasive.

I like some industrial and edm as they call it. 

Here's something with a good beat. 

ya know, if I start I might get hooked sharing. Ugh. Thats a Lot of music. 

Another one I really like. Covenant Bullet. I dig the robotic theme to their video too. Great singer.

Oo

UN age restricted? 

I can listen to those, Black Bullet, "Kidney Thieves," didn't do anything for me but I may have to watch some of the anime series and see. Amazon Prime has it's advantages. :)

It's funny Das but as soon as Covenant Bullet finished this one popped up and started. New videos, etc. always take time to start but not this time. I'm not really a country western guy but this is one of my favorites.  Weird huh?

Frosty The Lucky.

Ohh, I really like the Covenant Bullet.  I'm have to look up that video too.  :rolleyes:  Industrial edm is new to me.  That is a good one too Frosty.  I was going to link "rubber chicken singing Toto's "Africa"" but better not.....

There is a lot of stuff i listen to that i would not post because it is not family freindly. I am a huge Rob Zombie fan but he drops a lot of "F" bombs in his songs. We will not even discuss Rebel Son. 

Anyway, Stevie Wonder and my favorite song by him. Here is one of my favorite bands covering it. Widespread Panic with the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, who i also highly suggest checking out. 

That's very listenable too. It really sucks that no radio stations around here play anything but the same play list, over and over and over. Talk and news radio seems to be the only ones with a live person in the studio. <sigh>

Frosty The Lucky.

One of the guys from Green Day said it best once, "The radio is stuck on suck". 

I do have to say though that in this digital age i have turned off the radio and turned on more streaming music. I have been turned on to a lot of bands that i provably would have never heard of otherwise. 

I have said this before but where i lived the first years of my life was in the backwoods of KY, a county of 3,500 people. But we gave you Loretta Lynn, Crystal Gale, and Chris Stapleton. 

I suggest turning this one up.