I Forge Iron

My Own Motivational Music - Video heavy

Scott NC

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thank you very much for the morning rabbit hole of, The Longest Johns, good tunes and in the sidebar "Clamavi De Profundis." Now I have another "sound" (or two) to listen to. 

Good link, thanks Billy.

Frosty The Lucky.

That's a good one, I agree....:)  I'm wondering if posting links instead of inserting them would be better.  This thread has slowed down to a crawl on my cell phone.  Sorry for using up so much bandwidth....:(  I should have said in the title "video heavy".

I found if you post just links, you get a bunch of ads to aggravate you.  Here's a blast from the past.  I might soon post some favorites from an old school Polka show by Moustache Joe and His Polka band.  It's amazing how one can like so many different genre.

Cool, get the entire apartment building involved, ROCK the neighbors across the street!:lol:

When I was first getting established in Alaska I had an upstairs neighbor who partied all night and talking to him only resulted in the volume going up. Soooooo, I bought a couple big speakers at a pawn shop, cut a couple 2 x 4s to hold them against the ceiling of my apt and played Gregorian chants all day long while I was at work. Yeah, they partied all night and slept all day. They lasted about a week and moved out complaining the place was haunted. 

My other neighbors didn't hear a thing being at work. Even the landlord approved so I wasn't in trouble.

I LOVE it when a plan comes together. Heck, even works sort of like I expected but a home run is a Kodak memory.

Frosty The Lucky.

Next door neighbor while I was in college thought it was a great idea to have his band practice there.  Not a problem until it became too late for such things.  This was back before caller ID, mind you.  I would set my computer to call his phone when they were playing too late.  I could hear, "Hold on, stop, the phone is ringing."  Then, my modem would greet them with it's song. :D

32 minutes ago, Scott NC said:

:lol:

I don't think I'd stay conscious long enough to be much bother! Hmmm, maybe adapt it to a forge blower?

DANG, no reason! The only person upstairs here is Deb and keeping her up is a B A D idea!

Frosty The Lucky.

The night my platoon Sgt. was PCSing we threw him a party. Crazy night, he downed a pint of whiskey in one go. It was in the barracks so we had communal bathrooms and he had to run to the door trying to hold the contents of his stomach back with his had. Unfortunately some one had locked the door. Last i saw him he was passed out in  the shower. The next day he was found curled up under our commanders desk. Good times. By i digress, we had the stereo up so loud that the battalion CQ came to complain about the noise... from 3 blocks away. 

For your ears

That reminds me of partying with a few GIs in the day. I "woke up" in the base theater watching, "The Last American Hero," with no idea how or why I got there. After the movie was over we had breakfast and I got a ride to my pickup. I missed all but a couple parts of the movie though, I had to watch it when it came out on tape. All in all it was a good time. . . I think. :wacko:

Frosty The Lucky.

I remember in the summer of 1978 I was 15, and we were getting wasted on a hill watching tanks play capture the flag in Weisbaden Germany.  After a while, we decided to play too, we got both flags and raised then at the base PX, that is when the MPs arrived.  Lucky for us, the girl I was with was the base commanders daughter so they just returned the flags and took us home where I got an ear full.

I was a tanker in the Army, that night we had that party it was in Aschaffenburg Germany.  I could have some great stories from my years spent in Germany if they werent so foggy. 

That was the same guys i went to combat with so we all had that bond that can only be forged under fire. 

Shoot Billy, sailors know how to party a little bit too.  I have a fun story about lack of air conditioning on the ship, shore leave in St. Thomas and one of those El Grande size Snickers candy bars but I better not relate it here.  Gotta blow off steam sometimes.  

On 8/30/2023 at 12:49 PM, LeeJustice said:

Next door neighbor while I was in college thought it was a great idea to have his band practice there. 

Back in my 20s, my gf at the time and I fancied ourselves a kind of band. Drums, electric guitar, vocals - just the basics. But we lived on the second floor of an apartment building. One evening, a knock on our door from the older tenant downstairs. Crap, we thought we were done for.
Nope - they were just coming up to let us know that we were sounding better and to keep up the great work! [fist pump]

We got lucky having such awesome neighbors.