I Forge Iron

My Own Motivational Music - Video heavy

Scott NC

I think I will start my own thread of motivational music and videos I like so I don't trip up or ruin anybody elses ever again.  My feelings won't get hurt if any body adds, criticises or derails.   I like Johnny Horton.  

Whiskey River might follow.  Boston.  Who knows.

Heres another Johny Hotron.  Pure coincidence.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever hear of the Possum Scratchers? Just a bunch that get together to jam. Sorta like Old Time music and they are a hoot.

I like the old guy on harmonica lotta music out of it. Sometimes they have a banjo & upright base.

I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sails.

Edit expired.

I can't control the wind, all I can do is adjust my sails.

I'm lovin' this thread! Bluegrass & Blues are top on my list of vibe music. I don't have much to share, lol. When I'm forging, I'm listening to anything I can dance to and not get too distracted by (like lyrics) - so mostly pop and edm. Neighbors probably get a kick out of watching me dance while forging, lol

I've already found some new favorites.  No rules here.  If you have a favorite, post it.  You'd be suprised what people like.  The guy singing Shotgun Boogie reminds/looks like a good buddy from back home.  How about a combination of blues and country?

I guess it depends on what is meant by motivational. I don't have music playing while I'm forging. I am a musician (play trombone, harmonica, rhythm guitar and do vocals in our church group) and I find that if I'm making anvil percussion, I HAVE to follow the music and sometimes the music may take my hammer where my design doesn't want it! However, I have found this song motivational for me. 

Purple Bullet.  Sometimes we lose track of what's important.   I would say that's motivational.  I had a video in mind about a time in my life when I lost my way completely.  I hesitate to post it, but maybe I will.  There's only one thing that saved me, someone took me to church once, now I take the same person, many years later as she can't drive.....:).  You may want to turn the volume down.  Sometimes my art takes me places I need not go.  That's changing though.

A friend and I were listening to Barret's Privateers and "Crossroads" and the Cuttin Heads duet came up. I found the music on Youtube but hunted up and watched the movie. Youtube is a short version and I feel loses without Daniel laughing at the devil at the end. I still like it a lot.

Frosty The Lucky.

Crossroads was a good movie.  I should watch it again.

I like Ennio Morricone, but there is too much to list here.  I mostly like his work for Sergio Leone.  I love westerns though, and a lot of the actors.  But that's a whole different kettle of fish...:)

I don't have music in my shop, no particular reason why and that may change. 

Turley spoke of "The Dance at the Forge, and thats me to a tee. The sound of my hand cranked blower, the heat in the forge and the ring of my anvil are my music. My dance is kinda a John Hartford two step.

HOKAY I BELIEVE YOU! 

Before my jump up and downer aged out, I danced at a few concerts myself. There was a local warmup band that was good at hitting the right beat to get the audience jumping. I went to more than one outdoor concerts because they were performing. "KISS" was entertaining but "Freddy Fleet And His Fast Feet," was the real show.

Good times.

Frosty The Lucky.

I was raised in a holler in KY where my dad's people come from. The place we are from is also home to Chris Stapleton, Lorretta Lynn, and Crystal Gayle. My mom's people come from Colorado, my grandfather was a Colonel in the AF, my grandmother a piano teacher who loved jazz. So between being brought up listening to jazz to bluegrass/country, from my grandparents, my dad was rock-n-roll while my mom was more easy listening, i developed a real love for music. No one genre is my favorite. All of them have something that i can enjoy. From classical to even rap if it has a good beat and lifts my spirit or stirs emotion i like it. 

Generally speaking though i will usually listen to jam bands like Widespread Panic, Ekoostik Hookah, Keller Williams, Gov't Mule, etc.  

Edit: Lordy day i can not believe i did not list the greatest band ever there, The Grateful Dead. 

19 hours ago, BillyBones said:

Lordy day i can not believe i did not list the greatest band ever there, The Grateful Dead. 

Indeed! The Dead and the related bands have been the soundtrack for most of my life it seems. GD Radio dot net is one of my favorite sources these days.

--Larry