• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4x4 chunk of steel, no idea what ill do with it but couldn't pass up Free!!

This fan came with it for the same price.  Works great. Its a blessing as its 90 with air so thick you can almost cut it with a knife. Yuck....

20170722_210102.jpg

20170722_210203.jpg

Strange, i took the grinder to it and the sparks said cast, took a hammer to a corner n sure enough.   Bummer.... 

1500772459388435284462.jpg

More blacksmith's roadkill: some kind of linkage, about 9" long. 

IMG_3143.JPG

3 hours ago, Millhand said:

This fan came with it for the same price.  Works great. Its a blessing as its 90 with air so thick you can almost cut it with a knife. Yuck....

I don't know how I would have survived forging this evening without my similarly sized fan.

On 7/20/2017 at 7:28 AM, notownkid said:

Lou:        just a suggestion on any new auto product, let others buy the first couple yrs any new models.  I set in on a number of launch meetings and most every time problems had just been discovered some worse than others but the decision to go had been made regardless and away they went and Hard working Americans plunked down their $ often receiving a "pig in a poke"..  Set and watch reviews come in.  Todays Products do not do justice to their name heritage.   

I plan to wait because I don't want to be one of the early adoption suckers.  I don't even download software updates right away when they come out because I'd rather others find their flaws for me.  Still  I hate to hear that they are aware of the problems they sell us...

Thanks for for helping me get past my driving desire to get one right away!

brought home 35 farrier's rasps.  I now have a good idea of what I'm going to make to sell at our church's country fair and Dachshund races... (asking price was US$3 per, buying prices was around 50 cents per.  They were used and rusty and not really good for anything but stock and I wasn't going to pay a "gringo's price")

I also picked up as sears craftsman 3/8" ratchet wrench with socket off the road last ween near my parent's house.  Probably go to the grandkids (or my daughters)

The other night I was coming down from the shop and this guy was crying to me from the end of my driveway and coming closer.(He followed me home.) He was friendly enough to let me pick him up and once set by food he ate like he hadn't eaten in a while. He is neutered and friendly and house broken, but has suffered rear paw injuries ( That have healed poorly and on his one rear foot limps on the tops of his toes as his foot is curled in. I think he may have been hit by a car.) and is very thin. I am trying to locate his family but so far nothing. I am trying to find his family but he is welcome here if no family is found and he has already made this his home as he has explored around and is comfortable here. I named him Grey. :) 

023.JPG

024.JPG

019.JPG

You are very kind, Das. My wife says that cat is a ragdoll cat. Or at least it has a fair belt of ragdoll in it. We had a pure ragdoll that looked very similar but unfortunately it was bitten by a snake and died instantly. She said to ask you if it has blue eyes. Hard to tell from the pics.

Thanks guys. I can't help but take in a furry friend in need. He is making himself right at home and has had no desire to go back outside so far. 

Aus, his eyes are not blue but I have had other cats with the same coloring/ markings that did. They have since gone to new homes. I haven't heard of the rag doll breed before. Cats around here are all a very mixed bunch and you never know what types will pop up. :) He is a pretty cat tho. Sorry for yours that got bit by the snake. A cats curiosity often can get them in trouble. 

On 7/22/2017 at 9:08 PM, Millhand said:

4x4 chunk of steel, no idea what ill do with it but couldn't pass up Free!!

[...]

Strange, i took the grinder to it and the sparks said cast, took a hammer to a corner n sure enough.   Bummer.... 

Well, at least now you have a heavy chunk of iron you can add the the base of something to keep it stable.

Some stuff from a friend of cleaning out her mom's house:

IMG_3194.JPG

A tire wrench, a handsaw, a drill with accessories and case, a leaf blower, and a fencepost driver that I immediately started thinking about fitting with an arm and a treadle....

Even better than following me home!  A friend of mine works at a Home Depot and knows I am looking for metal.  He stopped by my house this morning and dropped this stuff off in my driveway.  Tines for a tiller, an old hitch with some ball heads, and two mower blades.  Hey, it was zero labor steel...you won't hear complaints!

IMG_0544.thumb.JPG.b16fdc165e59c938a0adede44bf5f164.JPG