I Forge Iron

Happy Valentine’s Day 2022

TWISTEDWILLOW

Wellll.... There is this gal at the farm store that I talk to quite a bit, maybe today would be a good day to ask her for a date.  I wonder if she would be impressed with a tour of the Reed Gold Mine?  I could show off my stamp mill operating skills.  Seriously though, I think I need a bale of hay and some t-posts.  Wish me luck!

One of my Dates  with my prospective spouse was taking her to the Knifemaker's Guild Show in Kansas City.  As I was "apprenticed" to a swordmaker at that time I wanted to be sure she could deal with the "ambiance" of the craft.  Well it wasn't but a little while before she was dragging me all over the hall to see some pattern welded blades she though were really nice....37.5 years married, and she keeps a PW blade by the bedstead when I'm travelling...

speaking of M-16s, my son went shooting over the weekend with friends, and the range had a few full autos available for rent. So he presented his credit card and fired a few different models, and he loved shooting the old Thompson, so in a short time went threw a few drums on that,  Boy was he shocked later when he saw the credit card charge for the ammo he went through , $130

Very cool Scott, I hope the date goes better than well.

Rusting steel is easy, put it in a closed container with a dish of nitric acid, the fumes will have it rusty in no time. The trick is rusting it slowly enough it isn't just fuzzy red dust that falls off at the drop of a hat. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Way to go Nodebt! I hope the date goes well!

I got my honey something she deserves. A new 2022 GMC Terrain. Time to get some work done to the Tahoe and maybe light the Traverse on fire and roll it off in the river or something. 
She got me a creeping rose bush! I already love it, don’t even have any blooms on it right now. Gonna have to build something for it to creep on.

Don’t know how it turned to guns, but my little lady handles the M16 and AKM just dandy.

50366053-71C7-47C7-BED5-A8C32EAB6F96.thumb.jpeg.c546047bbb1f5c961618166ff0e2a1c2.jpeg 

Thank y'all.  (I'm practicing my NC slang, people look at you funny when you say "you guys", same with soda vs pop).  Happy Birthday Aric.  

Jerry, I wonder if I could do a whole roll at once, it must weigh about 80 lbs.  

I sold all my guns back home except a 12 guage and a derringer size 22 sixshooter.

I like your rose as well.  Never seen one like that.

SHC, make a video of the Traverse so we can all join in the fun.  Any good size bluffs on that river?

Naawww...... We have strange ways of talking back there and I've been informed of that many times since I got here.  ;)  Somebody called me hayseed once.

Soooo.....  I'm also practicing saying "yeah, yeah, yeah" super fast.  Everybody does it.  My sister drives me nuts with it.  :)