I Forge Iron

Another step forward!

ThomasPowers

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think cave paintings are graffiti and caves are the places sheltered enough it lasted. The subject matter hasn't even changed that much. There's an online publication(?) about Roman toilet graffiti, it's all very recognizable. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Well the shop transformer is Humming, they've put a cover over the meter hole and put a lock on that panel; but no power to the shop.  I'll call Monday and see when they will place the meter.  I sure could have used power in the shop this weekend---Christmas is coming!

No sign of work on electrification yesterday, though we did get a copy of the magazine the Electric CoOp sends out, are they sure what business they are in?

Since it's down to the meter it's gotta be done by the electric coop; so they can start charging me.  Otherwise I have a friend who's a smith an hour north from me that retired from an electric company and could probably do a bang-up job on his own.

Well Thursday and no sign of work so far this week; no answers to attempts to contact them either. 

I'm taking my "go" forge kit to town to teach an intro class at the Community College.  Not very formal; just a "get them hooked and show them that they can do smithing" type of class.  Luckily it's on Sunday so I will have some daylight to sort and load my equipment Saturday instead of working in the dark after work Friday! 

The Metal Arts instructor is a friend and lets me do an adjunct class from time to time as they get so many folks wanting to FORGE and doesn't want to handle that part. (Casting, jewelry Fabrication, armormaking, enamelling, etc; but not smithing!)