I Forge Iron

lovely anvil in Florida

here's a lovely anvil advertised on craigslist in New England.. said to have been pulled out of the water in Florida and sailed back home !! not a barn find but a ocean find !! probably Blackbeard's anvil !! lol   

00L0L_j3EgeDiQE2R_600x450[1].jpg

00z0z_8pGWnL9bgXH_600x450[1].jpg

I don't know any more about it.. the seller just says the condition is amazing !! and he has only done a little work with a wire wheel.. and it may have some value to a beginner blacksmith !! he is accepting offers between now and the beginning of August..    

This isn't too far from me.  I'm considering a low offer...I do t believe many people will be interested in it.  If a can get it for $125 it will, in the very least, make an excellent beater.  It would be cheaper than that weight in mild steel around here.

5 hours ago, Lou L said:

This isn't too far from me.  I'm considering a low offer...I do t believe many people will be interested in it.  If a can get it for $125 it will, in the very least, make an excellent beater.  It would be cheaper than that weight in mild steel around here.

Make him the offer !! find out the story of how he found it !!