I Forge Iron

Greetings Old and New Members

Ted T

I have had some time on my hands, and my thoughts were directed toward "You" who carry on the skills and triditions of being a Blacksmith.

I mainly wanted to say hello to many of my old friends, and greet new members of I Forge Iron. 

I just got out of the ICU Unit of the hospital. I am hoping to go home soon, I just had a new aorta valve placed in my heart. 

Oops just had the nurse come in for blood. Ha Ha I say it because it is what is happening. I need to go, but one main thing I want to say to you. That is think smart, and forge with safety as your constant friend. You can walk with a wooden leg, but you cannot see with a wooden eye!!!!!!!!!

My best to all of you. 

Thank you Glen and Steve. 

Got a valve job eh, did they mill your head and tune your pipes too? I'm really glad to hear from you again Ted. Ain't modern medicine a marvel? It's almost like magic anymore too bad they can't do anything about nurses waking you up regularly for a BP, temp, samples and such. They'd wake me up to take a sleeping pill! ARGHHH!

Heel fast there's stuff waiting for you to do it.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thank You Frosty. I remember when you was hurt so very bad. I know that you know the drill with the nurses, PILLS and POKE!

Glenn Thanks for keeping a light on in the window. That way we can find our way back after the riggers of life draws us away.

I see that You know, You know!- - -  I hope to leave in about 2 hours. Then drive for 2 hours to get home. I feel like a socker ball that has been kicked around by some PORKEY PINES. I still have 2 IV's left in me until my daughter springs me out of here.

Remember that you won't bounce back immediately and that you *do* need to keep up with any PT suggested.  I've learned that I could do small forging seated in my basement with a 1 firebrick forge---just something to keep the forge withdrawal symptoms down; also a good time to read a bunch of blacksmithing books and make notes of things you want to try later.

If you are around my area let me know and I'll lend you some reading material..

Thank You Steve. It takes quite some time to recover. So that means my wife has to do my chores. You had better believe she will try to help me get better. 

It is not often that you get a second chance at life. 8 weeks ago they were sending me home to die. They said due to the cancer, that they could not operate on me. But then; at the very last minute while I was getting dressed to leave the hospital, a doctor came in and said "I have good news". The only surgeon that can do the surgery that you need contacted us. He is presently out of town, but he said he would try to help me!  So there ya go, two operations later and three to go. I feel blessed. 

I made it home a couple of hours ago.  I was just three days out from surgery, and I was able to drive for two hours to get home. It surprised lots of people at the hospital "and me".  I am no spring chicken, I am 76 years old and greatfull for all the help I get

I say this hoping someone may read what I have posted here, that it may help them to hang in when all seems lost. 

Thank You Thomas. I gave over $60,000.00 worth of equipment away when I thought I had reached the end.

BUT; I held on to a single burner just as you suggested "just in case". Ha Ha.

Both You and a Thomas basicly said the same thing, so it must be true. I plan on trying to take it real easy for several weeks.

I will also continue to walk "PT" regularly.

Richard it is good to hear from you. I hope life is treating you well. I used to love to see the photos of you and the other smiths forging. 

Thomas, they would not crack my chest open due to cancer issues.

They when up in both sides of my arteries from the groin to place an experimental valve in. 

They were not able to complete the procedure on the right side, so they backed out and went up the left side. Kinda made a mess. But that was the only way they they would do it.

Like Japanese tattoo artist said. I don't worry if people don't want their tattoo later on. 

Because tattoo is first in mind, and then on body.

I am in the "mind first" phase of getting going again. At least it is a possibility! And I am greatful!!!!!!

Glenn, I just received a wonderful surprise from you. 

I now have a very nice "I Forge Iron" "T" shirt. It says (in some artistic design) "IRONHEART" with a heart held by some tongs.

It don't get much better than that. Who says blacksmiths can't fix a broken heart? I believe that kind words from a blacksmith can go a long way toward fixing a broken heart. 

This jesture, and all who have spoke encouraging words help pave a very rocky path. THANK YOU"!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhh, one thought. As soon as my huge mussels relax a bit, I will put it on, take a photo (wide lens of coarse) and post it.

Thank You Steve. Life is valuable.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said this: "We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now. 

Steve I truly believe we all have the same value, and we are not any good with out each other.

Although sometime we are not always being who we was meant to be, if you look deep inside you will see love that is hidden, covered over with fear and hurt.  

I have seen it many times while ministering to the gangs and with people who are considered throw away people.   

Grandpa Jones wrote a song that contained the following last verse:

"The only thing we take with us, is what we gave away".  

Just as everyone continues to give in many different ways here at "I Forge Iron", I try to do the same as all of you! 

Ted Steve said it for all of us and NO you don't get a say. We believe we and the world are enrichened by your continues participation. We all may have the same value but some folk express their's better. 

The tradition of the Tlinget, Hyda, . .  (I can't recall the people, there are others) Potlatch is to express your wealth by giving everything away. Great families had to ask charity after a Potlatch. The greater the wealth they gave away the richer they were. The thing is they didn't get to decide how rich they were, that was up to the people at the party.

Grandpa Jones has the right of it. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Hi Ted, hope you can get out of there soon and have some rest at home.

I am an old/new member here but from other people's post I can guess a little bit of your character. 

Make the best of everything and hope to read many of your post.

Hooroo from down under

Marc

Like Marc, I am from down under too. The world is a small place on IFI.

Everyone here is concerned for everyone else in difficult times. Your posts seem very positive and I wish you a complete and speedy recovery.

Darryl