I Forge Iron

Throat surgery on 10/14/15

JHCC

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a surprise for you, Snannon my little sis and I LOVE our veggies! We used to bug Mother for Brussels sprouts, broccoli, beets, etc. Canned veggies nasty stuff. Just thinking about canned cream corn still gives me the willies. . . Eeewww. Canned beans on the other hand are good chow.

A good friend from the empire calls the toast condiment jelly and calls Jello, "wibbly wobbly jelly."

Frosty The Lucky.

Here's a surprise for you, Snannon my little sis and I LOVE our veggies! We used to bug Mother for Brussels sprouts, broccoli, beets, etc. Canned veggies nasty stuff. Just thinking about canned cream corn still gives me the willies. . . Eeewww. Canned beans on the other hand are good chow.

A good friend from the empire calls the toast condiment jelly and calls Jello, "wibbly wobbly jelly."

Frosty The Lucky.

Ooi, about when did that birch attack you? You also never mentioned your sister in the incident report?

Canned cream corn is an additive with soy sauce to chicken soup. Yum! And lastly but by no means the least , the 'proper' condiment for toast is marmalade!:D

Melba toast on the other hand deserves a good mature (preferably stinky) cheese and fig preserve!  'Jam/jelly on toast' heaven forbid.

If only one could find proper marmalade made from sour oranges...

Some in our pantry and an opened jar in the fridge…Lesley is a great marmalade maker. There is a very narrow window of opportunity to buy the Seville Oranges, they are only on sale for a couple of weeks, even less if you are wanting organic ones.

Alan

Some in our pantry and an opened jar in the fridge…Lesley is a great marmalade maker. There is a very narrow window of opportunity to buy the Seville Oranges, they are only on sale for a couple of weeks, even less if you are wanting organic ones.

Alan

Anything else would be un-Seville-ized.

Edited by JHCC

Kumquat , sadly is on the 'invasive' list so not allowed, average daily temp here at the moment is about 100f at lunch still early in the 'hot' season. Sadly thunderstorms yet but last night we had a massive windstorm that wrecked the plastic lattice fencing and 'broke the wheelie bin.

Not a long walk in the garden for the lemons and limes Alan in the picture though not clearly identified is also a pepper tree, bay(laurel) tree , avocado and a mango tree, sometimes warm climate is ...OK? Behind the lattice is the outdoor shower, the tiled roof to the sauna , outdoor pizza oven and BBQ. :)

WIN_20151001_061406.JPG

Edited by ianinsa

Melba toast on the other hand deserves a good mature (preferably stinky) cheese and fig preserve!  'Jam/jelly on toast' heaven forbid.

Reminds me obliquely of the term I heard for someone who thinks too much of themselves: FIG JAM. It stands for: "F***, I'm Good; Just Ask Me!"

UPDATE: Surgery accomplished this morning. Went very quickly and cleanly (I'm told), and I got out of recovery faster than expected (i.e., I didn't have to stay the night). I'm home now, stocked up on ice cream, pudding, and extra strength Percocet. Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes; I'll be in touch.

Sounds like good news to me. It's good when the hospital wants you G-O-N-E soonest. No problems to watch for and you'll heal FAR faster at home. Win win!

Just don't expect the better half to be quite as understanding about running her legs off or severe grumpage. Percs tend to make one grouchy, short tempered and demanding. Well, so Deb says but I wouldn't have had to be crabby if they would have just done what I told them to. I mean REALLY. :rolleyes:

Heal fast bro.

Frosty The Lucky.

Edited by Frosty

congrats that it is over and sounds good it didn't take as long as expected and they kicked you out early always makes one feel good.  Do as you were told, rest to best you can, be nice to the wife/caregiver it pays in the end.  You're in our thoughts good healing.