I Forge Iron

Prayer Request For My Brother

Robert Yates

Hello Folks, as of Sunday this past

I would like you all to pray and remember my Brother (Joey David Aka Boomer) and also a Us Vet (only age 22). while going home Sunday afternoon in a rain storm he lost control of his Truck (By Hydroplaning) went over an embankment ,end over end, and rolled it many times. he was thrown from the truck ,has several broken ribs,a broken collar bone, swelling in his brain and is now in a coma as of late last night.

When we got to finally see him after they got him stabilized after many close calls of losing him multiple  times the last few days . He is not responding to much of anything at this time he is on life support and a feeding tube ,with a pressure relief tube in his head. I will let y'all know as things are updated for the family.

25 July 2013

Hey guys ,

they still have not got to do the MRI due to the Metal probe in the top of his head monitoring the Swelling on his brain. when they stopped the meds for pain and other things to remove the air tube he was lost for a few minutes they brought him back and reinserted the tubed so he could breath . also had to give him meds for the pain he was in he is currently not responding at all (we hope this is just the meds doing their job) he is still in a coma .

More as we find out .

Sam

Sam: Boomer, you and your family are on my list for sure. I've been there done that and am here to celebrate life. Medicine has made great strides, especially in head injury. There's a book you and Boomer need, you first then him. It's by DR. Jill Taylor, "My Stroke Of Insight." She is a brain scientist a neuroanatomist and one morning woke up with a headache and over the next four hours experienced her brain stop working from the inside. She's healed and come back strong, her advice is invaluable to you and your brother. He's wounded badly maybe, but he's in there. Your attitude, words and actions will make a huge difference for him and his fight.

I'm sorry to get rambling at a time like this for you but I feel very strongly about head injuries and what to do for folk with wounded brains. Please get a copy, it'll help you both.

Love and hugs Brother, I'm pulling for you both.

Frosty The Lucky.

Sam: I'm hoping Admin will let this link to the "Stroke of Insight" site, through. I don't think it violates the rules, If it doesn't show up I'll PM it to you.

www.mystrokeofinsight.com/‎

Frosty The Lucky.

I PM'd to Sam in case another deletes the link

Sorry to hear about your brother. My wife and I are praying for him and hoping for the best of all possible outcomes for him. Praying you and your family's strength for the long haul in this time of family crisis, it's tough on all of you. May God grant you peace and strength during this time. Amen, Jerry and Eva

Hello Family,

This morning at 12:57 Joey David (Boomer) Only age 20 Has went home to be with the Lord above He was a blessing to all that knew him and two others that never did as in his life as a US Vet he served so others would have Freedom to live Free and by his death two people will now live on as he was an Organ Donor.

And a Loving Brother I will miss him greatly !

Sam

Thank you guys Boomer will be at Hunter Funeral Home in Sparta Tn. when he is done with the two folks he is helping at Vanderbilt with a Heart and kidneys I think that is what they will be receiving it will be a year before we know for sure and we will have the option to meet them and / or write them a letter ? I know we often do not know just what the Good Lord has planed for us in life and I must say I was very mad at first that this happened to my brother at such a very young age . None of us knew he had signed to be an organ donor until he passed away we were in shock to find out there were actually two people right there in Vanderbilt that were deathly ill and in need of help from Boomer yet God knew all along while my Brother has passed on to be with the Good Lord he will Live with in these two folks and they will get to live yet another day I can only hope a child will be the one that is the one that is helped if not some one that will help others anyway just as Boomer has helped them. may God Bless them as my Brother has Blessed me for the 20 years he was able to be with me . 

and thank you Frosty and Steve for the link I saved it and gave it to mom too.

Sam

It's always hard to find words to say to the survivors when some one passes away.
I always have two thoughts, first if it dosnt break your heart you didn't deserve them in your life, and second, like all good soldiers, when the mission is compleated you get to go home.
He lived and died to searve a prepose, morn for your loss, morn for your fammaly and friends that greave but don't pity the dead. Their job is done and they get to go home.
He stayed with you a few days not only to give two people a second chance, but to give you who loved him a period of adjustment.
I pray for you who morn him, but I congratulate him on a job well done.

Sam: I'm so sorry to hear Boomer passed, words can't say how I'm feeling. I'm very glad he's on the doner list, he'll be making a all the difference in the world in people's lives for years to come. Who can ask more of life? Good man Boomer still doing good work. Lord rest and comfort you and your's.

Frosty The Lucky. NO, web handles aren't for times like this.

See you on the flip side, Jerry

It's always hard to find words to say to the survivors when some one passes away.
I always have two thoughts, first if it dosnt break your heart you didn't deserve them in your life, and second, like all good soldiers, when the mission is compleated you get to go home.
He lived and died to searve a prepose, morn for your loss, morn for your fammaly and friends that greave but don't pity the dead. Their job is done and they get to go home.
He stayed with you a few days not only to give two people a second chance, but to give you who loved him a period of adjustment.
I pray for you who morn him, but I congratulate him on a job well done.

Charles,

I do not think i have ever heard it said/put that way you know it makes a lot of sense and is comforting as well  I shared this with Mom she loved it and would like to read it at Boomer's Funeral I told her I did not think you would mind . thank you

Sam: I'm so sorry to hear Boomer passed, words can't say how I'm feeling. I'm very glad he's on the doner list, he'll be making a all the difference in the world in people's lives for years to come. Who can ask more of life? Good man Boomer still doing good work. Lord rest and comfort you and your's.

Frosty The Lucky. NO, web handles aren't for times like this.

See you on the flip side, Jerry

Jerry,

you have always been a good friend and I enjoy reading your post and seeing your work I would like to thank you for all the help you give here on the site to many folks even me many times .

To the rest of my IFI Family,

I would like to thank you as well for all the support and prayers during this rough time. Mom has enjoyed reading the thread as well and said to thank you from the bottom of her Heart and God Bless you all .

Here is Boomer's Obituary (unfinished as of yet ) Pending Full Military Honors Burial arrangements

http://hunterfuneralhome.net/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2180620&fh_id=10399

*** Gifts not expected or required that is just the site layout and Some folks have asked me about them ***

Service NOT @ Hunter

His Viewing will be on 2 Aug 13 and the Service on 3 Aug 13

@ North Sparta Church of God, N. Spring St. Sparta Tn.

Sam

• 2 weeks later...