I Forge Iron

WARNING FOR EVERYONE, why you should ALWAYS do your work soberly!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot fire, hammer, alcohol, really bad music and stupidity - a recipe for disaster!! Next time it will a lot worse! An old carpenter that I used to work for used to tell me every day that machines and tools give you warnings occasionally - then they bite and you lose something permanently!

Is that his shop? I'd imagine he would know better by the time ya get to that point. With all the blacksmith and beer jokes floating around maybe it's a nice ed-uh-muh-cation video -- too bad it's literally from the school of hard knocks.
His word isn't horrible.. if not unrefined, guess that's a pirate thing. :P
(Edit - By the way the URL at the end of the video isn't work safe)

Nit pickin here,,,,,he did not mention alchohol as being the contributing factor here. So wotever he chose was the problem ,,and that wouild hold true for anything that brings out the mental alterations that lead to unjuries. No one has to be mentally fit, skilled or experienced to post on the net, just need access to a keyboard and internet.

Nit pickin here,,,,,he did not mention alchohol as being the contributing factor here. So wotever he chose was the problem ,,and that wouild hold true for anything that brings out the mental alterations that lead to unjuries. No one has to be mentally fit, skilled or experienced to post on the net, just need access to a keyboard and internet.

;)

True, Rich. That does make me wonder why so little people post videos here (of themselves doing blacksmith's work), because, like you said: " No one has to be mentally fit, skilled or experienced to post on the net, just need access to a keyboard and internet."
So, why not?

I have always maintained that it is ok to be incredibly stupid as long as you are the only one who knows. When you do something incredibly stupid and post it on an internet forum you let the whole world in on your secret. As for the sword, throw the ugly mess in the sandbox and hope the cats bury it.

I have always maintained that it is ok to be incredibly stupid as long as you are the only one who knows. When you do something incredibly stupid and post it on an internet forum you let the whole world in on your secret. As for the sword, throw the ugly mess in the sandbox and hope the cats bury it.
There is a public service anouncment to unabashed stupidity. The greatest danger to people are those who don't know they're stupid. Those brave souls who know they're stupid and tell the world.. might help those unknowing of their own stupidity.
This guy has eared a PSA award in my book. Staged or not. "look at me, I'm a fool, I know it, and you could be too".
Makes remember why I share so much. Peer review.

So, why not?

Well in my case I'm restricted at home to using a slow dial-up line---our UN-incorperated hamlet doesn't even have full T1 to the local switch! I once tried to download a Linux update and after 3 days of trying gave up on it---doesn't help that we loose service randomly when the common high winds occur.

So with this background I pretty much refrain from posting stuff that might be a pain to others in a like situation. Massive amounts of mediocre content doesn't seem to impress me as much as little High Grade content.

Of course I got on the net back in the BBS days and so am used to using text based communication---and bad ascii art!