I Forge Iron

Jesse James Blacksmith

Hey Jesse,

I recall seeing some of your earlier work on that glowing flashing box and thinking, "If this guy learned some blacksmithing, there would be no limit to what he could make."

I for one was astounded by the vast increase in my ability to create out of metal once I went from welding/fabrication to blacksmithing.

I for one do NOT envy your position or exposure to humanity. There are many aspects of myself that if under a bright light would still be as dark as xxxx.

Caleb Ramsby

Since starting my interest and learning in blacksmithing nearly 5 years ago, I have often been bewildered by the open and honest sharing that this community puts forth. The thread of knowledge that is passed along seems to truly be most everyones greatest wish. Self promotion and elevation is set aside so that the knowledge can be passed along to anyone willing to put it the time and effort to learn.

Now, Mr. Jesse James, who is far more worldly and experienced than me has confirmed it. There is just something about the whole blacksmithing endeavor that makes it stand apart, and I'm proud to be a small part of it.

-Derek

Hi Jesse, Not managed to catch to much of your TV work on this side of the pond, but great work on putting a bit of blacksmithing on the box!

I dont know anyting about being 'in the spotlight' but it cant be easy having your every move analysed.

Im a firm believer in doing what you love doing and the passion will show through. I think your 'offering anything back' is going to be lighting the spark in a few people who had not thought about putting hammer to anvil before, we will all benefit from that.

Anyhoo, spose thats my way of saying welcome!

(and ... its not often I get tool envy but that press rocks! :D)

Welcome to IFI Jesse. I have to say these folks on here are a helpful bunch and seem to be good down to earth people. As far as judging you goes. I've did things in my past I could care less about mentioning . :) I was taught to never judge anyone by their past. I'm just thankful I survived my past. Amazing what time and children can do for you.

Scott

Jesse,
Glad to see you running that hammer! When i visited your shop to look at that beast i knew you'd get her going. It was an interesting experience to tour the shop in Long Beach. Did you move that hammer to a different shop? That hammer came out of Bethlehem Steel right? Good to see it kept alive.
Brian

Oh no ...I hope the blacksmithing fashion trends don't catch on. Not everyone can sport a belt with suspenders lol.
Great picture at the hammer Jesse. I didn't catch the blacksmithing show . IMO you smoked that three way build show. I got a kick out of the other guys stroking themselves about their painted frame "looking" like stainless. I also liked the boot bursting into flames, going to do that first time my buddy leaves his boots laying around lol.

Jesse, the look on your face and the body language tells me you are indeed hooked for life. The sensations involved in drawing 75+ year old steel over the waist of a 200+ year old anvil at an event (in the rain) cannot be duplicated easily. This (for a large part) is why I do it. It feeds the soul. Glad you got the vid fixed. Merry Christmas.

I don't even own a TV.

I own one, but I haven't turned it on in over 3 years now. Don't really miss it at all now. Got tired of all of the insipid shows that pass for entertainment nowadays. Living in DaBoonies my only option was satellite when TV went digital, and I didn't want to spend the $$ for it. I find it interesting that I know a few people that have killed their TVs, one friend has been TV free for I believe 9 years now.

I love it Stew, .... Its TV people ..... there is a video or 2 out there with yours truly in there, Just because I act one way in that does not mean that is me in real life, any more than Jesse in some show means anything about him in his life.

Face it guys.... TV aint real life.