I Forge Iron

Stan (trying-it)

Dodge

Stan, I am sure happy about you being on this side of the mountain.
Now all you have to do is rest, take orders from "what seems like everyone", rest, exercise correctly, rest, take orders from what "seems like everybody some more", rest , and get well. Piece of Cake! :huh:
Red Hot 77 said you were in the ICU, and wanted to get out!

I have a heartwarming story about an “ICU” in Utah.
I hope you could remember a famous Downhill Olympic Champion skier named Picabo Street, which is pronounced “peek-a-boo.”, Street.
She was an Olympic skier. Born on April 3, 1971, in Triumph, Idaho. Once one of the leading downhill skiers in the world.

In 1994, Street became the first American woman to win the World Cup women’s downhill competition. She earned the top spot again in downhill at the World Cup in 1996, but later endangered her dreams of Olympic gold when she injured her knee during a training run.

Her recovery process—which included surgery and physical therapy—was long and difficult, but “Peek-a-boo” Street made it back to fighting form by the time of the 1998 Winter Olympics. All her hard work paid off. She won the gold medal in the Super G event.

Now the rest of the story!
“Peek-a-boo” was so thankful for the medical aid given to her by the ski patrol at the Ata Utah ski Resort which is near where I live, that she donated the costs to build a new ICU at the resort to help injured skiers.

They call it the: “Peek-a-boo ICU” :o

Got Ya! :P

Go ahead and get better Stan. And I promise not to include any more bad jokes.
Your friend Ted Throckmorton

Take care Stan and as others have said before, "listen to the health professionals."

Have faith that you are in "Good" hands and that you will be prayed for and on our minds during your entire healing process. We have been following your progress and check in on you daily even though you haven't seen us. (we're sneaky)

Kyle has done a great job keeping us updated.

Those of us that haven't actually met you in person still feel that we know you by your posts and the chat room. Get better soon and get back on IFI. This will be your "Virtual Forge". Be ready for lots of questions since I know you'll have some spare time on your hands.

Mark<º>><

After Stan gets recuperated, no one is going to know him, as he will probably be living on bbqed ribs and ice cream and will need a new wardrobe, and won't have to stand in the same place 3 times to cast a shadow. LOL

Get Well Stan and don't push the envelope to the limit.

Knee Mail still going out to you and your family from Extreme Southeast Nebraska.

Jr. and Cookie Strasil :P

(This is Mary, Stan's oldest daughter)I have hacked into Kyle's profile here, so I could update you all and let you know that Dad made it home around 7pm tonight. He was relaxing on the couch when I left. The nurses at Barnes Hospital were sad to see him leave, they loved him so much. But I know for sure they wont have to hear him complain anymore about receiving diet pepsi on his tray. And he was thrilled to get home and have some real coffee again. Thanks again to all of you for the prayers and thoughts for my Dad and for the rest of the family. Maybe if possible, you all can keep praying for my mother, now that Dad is a new man, she is going to have her hands full,lol.

Stan, I'm sure glad you made it through your surgery ok and now back home!
Do what the doctors say. Once you get to feeling better, I know you will want to get back in your shop.
Healing up takes a little time. Don't rush things!
While you're waiting,,,,,,,get a note book and start sketching up some smithing ideas. I know you've got a million of 'em.
Glad you're feeling better! James

Just got home from visiting Stan.His spirit is high but still in alot of pain.He says hello to everyone.He will be online when he feels like he can keep up with the "typing" and can move alittle better.He says the pace maker hurts worse than his chest.Doing good though. B)