I Forge Iron

Stan (trying-it)

Dodge

Just got a call (7:40pm central) from Clara. She said that they are keeping Stan in a drug induced coma until tomorrow morning because he is still bleeding. They've given him quite a bit of blood, so far. But they think that the bleeding is slowing. We'll know more in the morning.

Update: As of 9:45am, Stan is partially awake. Saying a few words. Highly medicated. The trach tube came out and one of the tubes in the groin. The bleeding has finally stopped. But when the medical team lowers his bed to lie him down, his blood pressure bottoms out. Hoping to remove more tubes later today. Just seen him a few minutes ago, he said "he isnt much fun today" and that "he doesnt want to move much today".

Bless Stan!
I am late posting, but my prayers have not been late!
I will continue in prayers for Stan, his wife, family, and friends.
I figure he may as well go ahead and get better and not waist a lot of time
in the hospital.
He has some smithing to do that he aint done yet !:)

UPDATE
Just got off the phone with Clara. She asked me to tell everyone "Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes". She said the bleeding stopped last night. They took the breathing tube out and an IV, early this morning. Then took a couple more IVs out this afternoon. He still has a chest tube for a few more days. But he's awake and said he "Hurts like hell". The nurses got him out of bed and in a chair, this afternoon. She said that they are going to start physical therapy, too. He's, understandably, pretty weak and doesn't have much appitite, yet. But he's moving around a little. Kyle and I will post more as we hear.

Update: Clara talked to the nurse at the hospital. As of 8pm, Stan was still sitting up in his chair(napping). He seems to be tolerating the pain a little bit better. Physical therapy apparently went well, the current nurse wasnt certain how far Stan managed to walk. Clara will contact the hospital in the morning for another update. Will post as soon as we hear more.

I'm sure with a little pain medication and therapy, Stan will be back to a better self than before. I'm GLad to hear things went good and Stan is on the mend. I knew it scared him when I said I'd come down there and use his tongs to grab his toe to wake him up. Hang In there Stan - your on easy street now. JK

I knew it scared him when I said I'd come down there and use his tongs to grab his toe to wake him up. Hang In there Stan - your on easy street now. JK

Better yet, use his tongs to put his fingers dancing again on the keyboard. Hope Stan can read already our posts. Stan, so much trouble these last days, hope doctors made you at least 20 years younger... ;)

Morning update: Just talked to Clara, The hospital said that Stan slept good last night. The chest tube and catheder came out this morning. Along with another IV. He was currently sitting up in a chair waiting for Physical therapy. Beginning to tolerate the pain a little better.

*This is Mary(Stan's oldest daughter) I would like to personally thank each and everyone of you that have been sending the prayers, well wishes and get wells.They have(the prayers & etc.)been highly appreciated through this whole ordeal. It is great to know that Dad has so many people that care about him and can take a few minutes out of their busy lives to say a little prayer for his speedy recovery. We have been letting dad know that all of you are thinking about him, since he doesnt have access to a computer. And a thank you for the thoughts and prayers for Mom and the rest of the family also!!

Thanks for keeping the updates coming, Kyle. Sure glad he's doing so well, considering what he's been thru. Mary, supporting each other and wishing the best is part of what these folks are all about. Your dad is a big part of this family. He has done the same for some others on here. We are all just glad that he's doing OK. If you folks need anything to help get thru, let us know. :)

I'm sure with a little pain medication and therapy, Stan will be back to a better self than before. I'm GLad to hear things went good and Stan is on the mend. I knew it scared him when I said I'd come down there and use his tongs to grab his toe to wake him up. Hang In there Stan - your on easy street now. JK

LOL.I told him what you said Jeremy and he replied with a serious tone....It wont work!! <_<