• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My Welder came from a machinery auction at a closed down factory. 

Cost £50, weighs about 200kg and is oil filled and 3 phase. Its very rare it gets used these days but its powerful enough to weld 1 inch steel plate all day if you wanted to. 

Also have a cheap mig set that is the go to for simple sticking bits of metal together rather than dragging the beast out of the tool store. 

Das, I keep doing Craigslist searches in my area...........and neighboring areas and I never find ANY for sale.  Guess the folks around here either keep'em to pass down to relatives when they die or they just figure they'll make a good gravemarker for when they do go to the "shop in the sky". :lol:

Chris

I guess I spoke too soon, Das.  Just looked on Craigslist and there are three in my area now.  None look all that good from the pics, but you never know...........................a new paint job might be all they need.  Thanks for "nudging" me.

Chris

52 minutes ago, Chris The Curious said:

Guess the folks around here either keep'em to pass down to relatives when they die or they just figure they'll make a good gravemarker for when they do go to the "shop in the sky".

They don't call em tombstone welders for nothing:P

Pnut

I'm actually going to pick up a kiln and fire brick today because the girl "just want's it gone". Because she has no where to store it, and needs the room. 

Hope you get it. It's Great having the ability to weld on projects. Even at $90-100. it's a good deal. Extras are deffinately a bonus. 

Wow!  You find the deals, don't you? 

Hope this guy gets back with me asap.  Wife is working in town and I could drive the two hours and be home before she see's it.  :ph34r:   She screams every time I bring something else home! :lol:  Says I have far too much "stuff", as she calls it.

My largest argument hurdle is "You're not getting any younger and if you die before me, you'll be leaving me with all this junk I know nothing about to get rid of."  Fact is I get that argument "hurled" at me almost daily.  By the way Das, I'm 74 years old, unlike you.  She's 6 years younger than I, so she might have a point. :blink:

Chris

Just tell her what I tell mine.

Just have an auction, cause all this "junk" is worth a lot of Money. ;) auction company will do all the work too, just find a more reputable company. 

I'm 40 and shes about 10 years younger. I'm fairly certain she will outlive me. 

Well here's the kiln that followed me home along with a bunch of soft fire brick and other bits. There's two bases, they said one is to put down higher for smaller pieces. Dont plan on using this any time soon so it'll be stored in my lower shop that's slowly getting other "junk" cleaned Out of it. :rolleyes:

20190928_162223.thumb.jpg.6688e5909365ab39af874d74588ce8e2.jpg

20190928_151055.thumb.jpg.29bfe1eaf53dd1887f7e52cf124936e3.jpg

20190928_152148.thumb.jpg.eb828fac6288008b243ad38a4957af92.jpg