• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok the punches that i have are 5 at 1.175 inch give or take a few thousands as theres some surface rust and crud on some of them i may be able in the future to get a few more as of now this is what i got there 10 dollars with 2 dollares of that i will send to iforge as a donation for such a great site and 5 dollars for shipping in the us as for out of us the shipping will be what ever it cost if thats the case pm me and i'll find out the cost i can take paypal or check or what ever we can work out thanks for the enquires tom

Just brought home an old and BIG Aurora drill press. Stands about 7'-9" tall, 3 phase, power feeds all work good, feels like it weighs 1500-2000#. Local Craigslist for $250 including a Jacobs Superduty 1/4"-1" chuck on a Morse #4 taper. Looks like it used to belong to NBP, wonder if they ever made any of their steam hammer parts on it? Hope these photos work, first time I've posted photos since the new format.

post-6738-12653991758605_thumb.jpgpost-6738-12653992214909_thumb.jpgpost-6738-12653992528885_thumb.jpg

Just brought home an old and BIG Aurora drill press. Stands about 7'-9" tall, 3 phase, power feeds all work good, feels like it weighs 1500-2000#. Local Craigslist for $250 including a Jacobs Superduty 1/4"-1" chuck on a Morse #4 taper. Looks like it used to belong to NBP, wonder if they ever made any of their steam hammer parts on it? Hope these photos work, first time I've posted photos since the new format.

post-6738-12653991758605_thumb.jpgpost-6738-12653992214909_thumb.jpgpost-6738-12653992528885_thumb.jpg

Wow! That's quite the find. I hope they didn't charge you extra for the cat though...

Ha! I'd like to say the cat came free but since she fights everything in sight the vet bills add up! As you can see she was sizing up the press before I'd even taken the straps off.

Sorry about the obnoxiously huge size of the photos, I'd specifically resized them in my photo editor before posing as I've found oversize photos annoying recently, but I guess such things are beyond my ken.

I got a welding fume extractor for three bottles of cognac. I have had it for couple of weeks now and I really like it. Earlier, when welding or quenching in oil, I had to open the door to get all the fumes out. That method isn't too nice to use when it is -20C outside. :)

post-810-12655779431787_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Oh ya... also brought home a Lincoln ACC-225 stick welder in like new condition. No pics though... it's "hidden" in the garage...lol!

I have an old Lincoln AC/DC stick welder I bought new about 27 years ago. Since my small gasser won't hit welding heat I fire up the Lincoln nearly every day. It sure comes in handy!

That's not a hood ....it's a huge funnel!!!!

I think you are right about that it was probably a discharge chute for seeds or fertilizer I live in the salad bowl area, I think it will make a nice hood it used to sit over an outdoor fire place until the house sold then it was removed for code issues, gonna go put it up today and try it out, I will get more pics on when I am done

• 2 weeks later...

Amidst the rain this weekend, on my way to the post office, I stopped at a garage sale and bought a Whitney #5 Jr. punch complete with box and all punches for $5.00, I thought it an excellent bargain. The card inside the lid had a publish date of 6-50. Some dies have more use than others but the dies are still made by Roper-Whitney for $11.00 a set. Prices listed in the lid were much cheaper in 1950. It is much easier than drilling holes in thin gage metal. It will be a tremendous help in jewelry making. B)

Amidst the rain this weekend, on my way to the post office, I stopped at a garage sale and bought a Whitney #5 Jr. punch complete with box and all punches for $5.00, I thought it an excellent bargain. The card inside the lid had a publish date of 6-50. Some dies have more use than others but the dies are still made by Roper-Whitney for $11.00 a set. Prices listed in the lid were much cheaper in 1950. It is much easier than drilling holes in thin gage metal. It will be a tremendous help in jewelry making. B)

!!!

I'll give you 8$ for it, you'll make 3$ :D

Well it hasn't followed me home yet but I bought a Champion #1 powerhammer last week; $600 but with a 5" faceted leg post vise thrown in as boot. Located about 3-4 miles from my place too! now to get the #0 and #1 together to get acquainted...

Sigh, go looking for a large hammer and only find small ones...

Nice score, especially all the punches. I lucked into one last summer for less but it didn't come with a box of punches. I contacted Roper Whitney and they make punches for them still.
handy dandy thingies for sure!

Frosty the Lucky.

P.S. No Sam, forget it! I'll let you give it a try if you want to drop by though. B)

Well it hasn't followed me home yet but I bought a Champion #1 powerhammer last week; $600 but with a 5" faceted leg post vise thrown in as boot. Located about 3-4 miles from my place too! now to get the #0 and #1 together to get acquainted...

Sigh, go looking for a large hammer and only find small ones...

That sounds pretty sweet Thomas, though I don't know a #1 Champion from a guy who came in second place. Gosh if I just had a picture to look at I'm SURE my enthusiasm for your good fortune would skyrocket!

Once they get aquainted properly maybe you'll come out one morning to find a litter of #10 Champion power hammers. :o

Frosty the Lucky.

Frosty; I'd really rather spend my $20 a week allowance on tools and supplies rather than a camera; shoot I don't even have a cell phone. If you really need to "see" it I could suggest a visit down here where the weather is *nice* and a tree's bark is worse than it's bite!

Frosty; I'd really rather spend my $20 a week allowance on tools and supplies rather than a camera; shoot I don't even have a cell phone. If you really need to "see" it I could suggest a visit down here where the weather is *nice* and a tree's bark is worse than it's bite!

Okay, gotcha allowance budgets are a must. <sigh>

I wish I knew the name of the taown in NM but one of our guys is in your neighborhood at an iron pour. I think Pat has a camera, maybe he'd like to visit. If I were on that particular field trip I'd be looking for a cheap place to sleep so long as the chores weren't too strenuous.

Seriously, if the Iron pour is something you're going to look for a LARGE fellow named Pat Garley and tell him I said hi. He's a great guy and hosts the annual June iron pour here. He's the guy on the stand next to the Cupola.

The pic of the gal in the firesuit doing the "unique" iron pour :o is good testiment why it's a bad idea to give an Alaskan gal too much trouble. :o

Frosty the Lucky.

post-975-12675799274701_thumb.jpg

post-975-12675799810584_thumb.jpg

WOW!!!
That`s an Alaskan WOMAN??!!
And here I thought our BMWs(Big Maine Woman)were tough customers!
They do have something in common with their Alaskan sisters though,their taste in clothes.
Is she wearing a flannel shirt and Carhart jeans under that firesuit I wonder?I see she`s got Redwing boots on her feet :D

WOW!!!
That`s an Alaskan WOMAN??!!
And here I thought our BMWs(Big Maine Woman)were tough customers!
They do have something in common with their Alaskan sisters though,their taste in clothes.
Is she wearing a flannel shirt and Carhart jeans under that firesuit I wonder?I see she`s got Redwing boots on her feet :D

I know I deservedly earned a reputation as a guy not bright enough to stay out of the way of falling trees but there's NO WAY I'm asking HER what she's wearing under the fire suit! SOME neurons survived you know!

I don't know what brand the boots are but I can say for certain there were NO laces. I really like this gal's leathers.

Frosty the Lucky.

post-975-12675967848699_thumb.jpg