I Forge Iron

New Year’s Eve 2022

TWISTEDWILLOW

I used to stay up for new year and party. Any more Ill agree that I'm just trying to make it to the next and if I get a chance for extra sleep I'm all for it.  All depends on if something interests me to stay up. I'll certainly welcome a new year and hope it is better but I tend to be let down lately. 

My new thought is "good luck 2022" 

Happy healthy and sane wishes for this new year for all. 

Looks like I may be staying up whether I want to or not. There is a hunting camp next to us and apparently all the members decided to get together and bring friends and have a party. 
I won’t complain too much. It’s Friday, NYE, and at least they’re not playing pop country.

However… they’ve set up a karaoke machine. And if that screechy drunk woman don’t chill out, I may just have to slip through the woods and see if I can’t find a cord to cut or something. Y’all, she’s HORRIBLE. Absolutely horrible. 
I have ear plugs. But the feller that did Devil Went down to Georgia a few minutes ago wasn’t half bad. 

My youngest boy got a new amp for Christmas. I’ve told him to get some sleep, because we’re setting up on the back porch tomorrow morning at about 0600 and gonna see how loud it can get. The kid plays metal, he’s good, and he plays hard. He’s had two guitars refretted this year and I don’t know how many strings he’s gone through. The guy that refretted his telecaster asked us to at least clean the blood off next time. 
They’re gonna be in for a treat while those hangovers are starting to set in. 

Here's to 2022 being better than '20 and '21.  That's a low bar to get over but better is better.  I would REALLY like to be able to see my family and friends face to face this year.  And I'd like to be able to go to hammer ins and other blacksmithing events.  I'm tired of my own company in the shop.

But it's been a good year in the sense we are all on the green side of the grass.

Happy New Year to all!

George

Thomas, I hope this coming year is less eventful for you!

I recall your grandson having to fight buzzards off you at a truck stop earlier this year? 

BIGGUNDOCTOR, I hope you have a blast!

Daswulf, I agree, happy, healthy and sane wish’s to all!

SHC, all I can say is better you than me lol,

im glad I don’t have drunk people singing within miles of me lol,

George, 20 an 21 we’re definitely wild I hope 22 is boring, I hope we all get to go to hammer ins this year! 

We always stay home on News Year Eve. Watch the festivities on TV and call Debi's mother at 11:00pm our time (central) when she was living in Florida (Eastern time) midnight. When the ball dropped in Times Square, we wished each other a Happy New Year. We plan on doing the same this year (calling Ma at 11:00 our time) because she is living up here now and probably won't be up at Midnight.:)

Sheriff’s deputy was called out this morning. Talk about some hypocrites!

It was kind of funny though. He showed up and said “Walt? I didn’t know you moved out here. Got a noise complaint though.”

I told him the “rest of the story”. We had a laugh and he pointed out we’d gotten our revenge and it would seem fair to him that we go ahead and turn it down, so we went inside and had some bacon and eggs before I headed off to work and he headed back out on patrol. 

Noise ordinances don’t apply in my area, but he was right, payback was successful and there was no need to continue the torture. Maybe they’ll remember it next time they want to carry on until 0400. 

Well last night was a bust. The wind and rain picked up and my friend cancelled out due to some relatives testing positive for the Vid.  Didn't want to make the hour drive in to celebrate alone.

The last couple of years have been really good to me financially. I am making the most I ever have, but mentally they have been unfulfilling. 

Wishing all of my fellow smiths a wonderful new year full of whatever it is you seek.

Kinda a normal New Years Eve for us, up to a point. Debi always calls her mom just before midnight and we celebrate together via long distance watching the Times Square ball drop on TV with mom. A tradition we started 40 or so years ago when mom lived 1900 miles away in Florida. We finally convinced her to move up here and found her a very nice assisted living facility about 4 miles from our house. 

Well the call was placed and there was no answer. Mom is not as spry as she once was and sometimes takes a long time to get to the phone, but always calls us back when she gets the phone.  Sure enough the phone rang and when Debi answered it, the night nurse at moms assisted living facility was on the phone.

Seems in moms haste to answer the phone she slipped and fell. The nurse said it did not appear that mom was seriously injured but suggested she should be taken to the ER to get checked out. Mike (the nurse) suggested we pick mom up because the EMS would take mom to the closest hospital, which in our and his opinion is not the best hospital and they would ship mom over to a regional hospital 50 miles away. Debi went and picked mom up and took her to the hospital we use, which is excellent and has all the latest diagnostic equipment and our doctors practice there and it's only 13 miles away.

Long story short after several CT scans and a battery of other tests mom is fine, although at 92 somewhat sore because like a lot of us she is past her bounce back date. They made it back to moms room at 0400 hrs and Debi decided to spend the night with her..... HAPPY NEW YEAR all.

Yes, I did a cranial bounce test, same cause, last August.   Much happier to be sitting down when it happens!  No staples this time!

Spent most of the rest of the day in bed, did get better enough to have lamb stew and home baked bread with my wife for dinner and re-watch "True Lies" on DvD .

May 2020 AD/CE be a serene and fruitful year for all of us!

Never heard it called a cranial bounce test before, I’ll have to remember that. Funny enough, that’s how i found out I had pneumonia. Unloaded that new anvil a couple weeks ago, started ranting about dinosaurs chasing me and woke up in the hospital. Lucky that craniums don’t bounce too hard on grass. I didn’t even know I was sick. 

Here's to 2022 being the best ever! 

Took Deb out to dinner at Settlers Bar Lodge for her Birthday, ate light but it's always yummy. An honest to goodness 4 star restaurant about 10 minutes from our place in the forest. You never know what's on the menu besides a few of their staples, they only serve top quality, fresh, there's even variations in their salad dressings. 

I would've been more on time but been feeling a little punky for a few days. Been feeling short of breath and hacking up a lot of phlegm and I was starting to think about Covid. Turned out the only place to test open 01/01/22 was the local hospital ER so off we went. 

Happy happy, covid negative. Smoking on the other hand has me enjoying COPD, not griping, I did it to myself. Happily it's not  severe I can deal. The ER gave me a 3 day scrip for Prednisone and I'm feeling great today. Have to call my GP tomorrow and develop a more long term plan. 

Anyway, that's where I've been the past few days, just hanging here, tired and hacking phlegm. 

Watched as much of the NYE festivities on TV as we wanted to. NYC's ball drop happens at 8pm here, caught a little of the celebration in Nashville. 

Weather is on a cold swing for a week or so, meaning we'll hang in the house, maybe run for groceries, walk the dogs and I'll drag in a sled load of firewood a day. I'm REALLY pleased I had the Nolan boys bring our firewood last spring, it's almost all dry and hot. This year I'll keep watch on the driveway so we can get it in as soon as it's hard enough to drive on. 

Oh, the sled load I dragged in yesterday afternoon didn't leave me breathless after the one tablet and a hit off the inhaler. 

What a relief 2022 is better already!

Frosty The Lucky.

Oh, another benefit from visiting the ER was learning a new word. "Rhinorrhea," the discharge of thin clear mucous from the nose. AKA a runny nose. 

Cool, I can't wait to use it in casual conversation. Hey Joe, how's things? I see you're suffering rhinorrhea, it's not infectious, I hope.

Frosty The Lucky.